axle binding problem

JordanFleenor

Reaction score
Re: being slammed is causing me a problem

i think its one of those things you have to have done professionally

* 1000th post :run:

Why does everything have to be so complicated :/
Oh well. I'm going to try evenly lowering them and see if it rides crappy again, if so I'll leave it at 23in. Oh well.

Congrats bud. I finally reached it too! :)

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score

Check and make sure you have the right seat style lug nuts. And also if you are running spacers check your ****. Check the balancing of your wheels and what not.

twofast4u

Reaction score

if I had to guess, I would say inner tie-rods, just cause there's no really way of checking them unless you can tell when your steering is loose or something.

001Stunna

Reaction score

if I had to guess, I would say inner tie-rods, just cause there's no really way of checking them unless you can tell when your steering is loose or something.

If there is a click when you move the wheel while holding it at 9/3 and you can see the outer tie rod not move...chances are it is the inner one then.

JordanFleenor

Reaction score

Thanks.

My dad says it is cause I'm too low and the cv joints just rub each other.
I know others on here are lower and I haven't seen a big deal about them before.

So there is got to be another way for the cv joints not to hit each other and cause them to break quickly and for my car to stop shaking.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score

I guess it's time to search out the low of the lowered members and ask

jdmcg3

Reaction score

I guess it's time to search out the low of the lowered members and ask

Jordan hit me up earlier and like i told him i have a problem with my cv axles.. i tend to rip boots alot.. and it causes me to have to replace them about twice a year. luckily i bought the life time warranty for them so its no cost outta pocket.. just takes about 2hrs outta my day. but its the price i pay for being 21.5" up front.

but theres really nothing i could think of i could do about it.

but my roommate has this same problem with his e46; causes hes slammed to the maxx too. but when he took it in for the first time to have them replaced the mechanic told him its caused because hes too low and its causing extra pressure on them. i dont really know how lowering your car would cause extra pressure on the axles but im no mechanic.

JordanFleenor

Reaction score

It is causing the bearings in the axles to hit (I am pretty sure)
I know they hit and are going to break but that can't be why my car shakes when I turn.
There has to be another solution or my car would shake turning the other way as well.

Still trying to pinpoint it out. You think it maybe could be my wheel off balance?
I know this may sound bad, but when I talked to Quinn he said to drive it till whatever it is breaks. I would like to stop the problem before that happens but hey, if and when it breaks, I'l at least replace it with a brand new part and finally figure out what caused it.

jdmcg3

Reaction score

but when I talked to Quinn he said to drive it till whatever it is breaks. I would like to stop the problem before that happens but hey, if and when it breaks, I'l at least replace it with a brand new part and finally figure out what caused it.

i dont advise this.. this is just what i would do if it was my car.

jordan you check those axle nuts yet?

JordanFleenor

Reaction score

i dont advise this.. this is just what i would do if it was my car.

jordan you check those axle nuts yet?

Yup. They are on tight. The tie rods have no give. Wheel bearing is in great shape. Haven't checked the steering rack or balance of the wheel yet but I don't think that is it. The control arms look good. And axles are brand freaking new. WTF IS WRONG WITH MY CAR :furious:

Latest posts

Back