Axle just snapped on me stuck on the side of the road

mdog180

Reaction score
Alrite 6ga so im headn to the bank nd sumthin snap! so my car doesnt move, I looked at my driver axle nd the rod seems pulled out from the inner cv joint boot. Im gettn a ride to buy a new axle nd waiting for somebuddies to push my car to the nearrest parkn lot to change but does anyone have any other suggestions of wat it mite be before I take everythin out in a parkn lot?bi checked.passemger.axle nd it looks find nd grabs the tranny

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
If you looked under the car and saw the axle damaged, then thats' your problem. If the passenger side is roughly the same age as the driver side, you may want to replace that one soon.

mdog180

Reaction score
UPDATE so the new axle popped outta the cv joint again but I noticed the axle had to stretch itaelf to fit now the problem seema that the axle was too short nd I have a 97 h22a4 in a 2000 accord so.is thrre a specific axle I need?

Chris Vu

Reaction score
UPDATE so the new axle popped outta the cv joint again but I noticed the axle had to stretch itaelf to fit now the problem seema that the axle was too short nd I have a 97 h22a4 in a 2000 accord so.is thrre a specific axle I need?

I'm assuming you might have an h22a halfshaft installed. If you have an h22 halfshaft then you'd have to use an h22 axle, and the h22 axles are shorter than the f23s and whatnot. I had the exact same issue. I finally got an f23 halfshaft and an f23 axle and now it's all gravey.

mdog180

Reaction score
Cars getting towed to the house, im gonna do research on wat I need to do with the axles but do u mean swap the cv joints of the h22 axles to the f23 cv joints?

Back