Back from the roadtrip (56k beware and justin turn on resizer lol)

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
So for spring break I left a week ago Friday and got back last night on a roadtrip across the country. We wanted to get a taste for as much of the US as possible in the week we had off of school. That included:

Lynchburg TN (Jack Daniels tour)
Memphis, TN (Beale St & Graceland)
New Orleans, LA (Garden District and day in the French Quarter)
San Antonio, TX (Alamo & the Riverwalk)
Roswell, NM (lame as hell)
Grand Canyon
Hoover Dam
Las Vegas, NV (2 nights)
Chicago, IL (1 night)
St. Louis, MO (1 night, pretty crappy city it seemed).

Mapquest says it was around 5800 miles not including the 560 I drove the Thursday night before to get to my parents' house to borrow their Suburban, and then back last night to swap back cars. Longest stretch we drove straight through was Las Vegas to Chicago, which was 1800 miles and we got there in about 27 hours not including time zone changes.

For me the highlights of the trip were New Orleans & the Grand Canyon. N.O. was just ****ing awesome, and I definitely can't wait to go back. The Grand Canyon was way more impressive than I figured it would be, and getting there at 5am we were able to watch the sun rise over it which was cool. Vegas was a lot of fun too, but being on a budget (spent around $500 for the whole trip including everything) we didn't go to any of the shows, which seems like it would have added a lot to the experience. Chicago I've always liked but I've been there a bunch of times before.

Biggest disappointments were definitely Roswell & St. Louis. My old roommate lives in St. Louis now so it was still cool to see him, but that city seems like a big **** hole from what we saw. Roswell I was just expecting a lot of cheesy alien crap but it didn't even have that lol, coolest thing was a McDonald's.

There was a stretch after New Orleans where no one showered until Vegas because we were sleeping in the car, and the car started to smell like some *** haha, especially with my one buddy that seems to fart no matter what he eats. We'd brush our teeth and stuff at truck stops, but there's a reason we all look tired as hell in some pics.

Some pics I'm going to have to hold onto in case there's ever a photography contest that fits after having a dslr to use for a week lol. Here are a few though

Know this is a lot of pics, trying just to post a few of the more significant ones because I realize its a lot less interesting for people to read about than it was to experience lol.

hillbilly JD tour guide
DSC_0185.JPG

Alamo
DSC_0245.JPG

Texas lols
DSC_0298.JPG

Roswell McD's
DSC_0316.JPG

Grand Canyon
DSC_0339.JPG

DSC_0360.JPG

Niece & Brother-in-law in Chicago (she's ****ing cute I don't care who you are lol)
DSC_0475.JPG

Sears
DSC_0480.JPG

Near the end of the trip... bug ownage
DSC_0489.JPG

With about 500 miles to go she was getting dirty
DSC_0490.JPG

We figured it could be cool to have a picture of each state we passed through, except Missouri had to mess it up by not having a state sign lol
roadtrip.jpg

Last edited:

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
hahaha I'd love to know the story behind the school buses being pulled over. You sure were busy over spring break Cody!

BPAccord

*DAIGAKUSOTSU*
Reaction score
Damn Cody....looks fun dude.....

im thinkin bout doin somethin like this in a couple years to go visit my cousins in MD.....

lwlba

Reaction score
oh man.. i would sooooo wanan go on one of these.. looks hella fun!

TheHunter

Reaction score
Siiiick, that looks like a really badass trip. Do you feel like a mass-murderer with all of those bugs? hahaha :icon_axe:

Back