bad day in tha hood..

jdmcg3

Reaction score
So I'm pretty sure my fuel pump went put. She was acting up all day. While driving at normalnroad speeds out of now where motor kept bogging out and wouldn't wanna start first few trys. Then I parked it ran into the store and came back out and now nothing. It won't even start when I try and compression start it (pop the clutch). Battary is good along with starter. Any help?? I'm try searchin more once I get home to my computer but as for now I'm just on my phone as I make this long walk home.

Honda4Life

Reaction score
sucks bud!

I have yet to change out a fuel pump on this accord (as it is inside the fuel tank) and I hear you have to drop the tank...if that is the case...I'm not looking forward to doing mine when it fails

Great time to make a DIY write up though! :peace:

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
fuel pumps are rare to go out, but not unlikely
hope thats ur problem sure wld be alot of work for nothin if it isnt
gl hope tha best for ya

jdmcg3

Reaction score
Anyone kno how to test it if it is the fuel pump besides listening for it. And sry to be lazy but I'm still on my phone and searching is a pain in the *** with a fat crack in my screen. But any kno of a write up with pics that anything related to fuel pump issuses?

dcmystery21

Reaction score
im almost 100 percent sure you do not have to drop the tank to change the fuel pump. also, i dont believe a fuel pump would cause a "progressive" problem. its electical. it just fails. there really isn't any "going out" as some would say. either it works or it doesn't. I would check fuel pressure first. then ignition. the standard stuff.

Bax

Reaction score
Idk why, but my car did a LOT of jerking, and acting like the engine was trying to die (like it wasn't getting enough fuel), and after multiple trips to the dealership they changed out the fuel pump, now almost a year later I've never had a problem.

Not sure If that helps at all, lol. But I thought I'd at least just share my experience.

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
Tank does not need to be dropped to get to fuel pump.

Your main relay (fuel pump) could have taken a crap, I know mine is toast but I'm able to hit it a few times and then I can start my car. It is located up under your dash, do a search on here and you should be able to find some info on it.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Trouble upon starting in hot weather could indicate a bad main relay, but if all it does is engage the fuel pump so if you're having problems while driving the car it is not the main relay.

And yeah you do not have to drop the tank to change the pump, there is an access in the trunk.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
ignition coil if u're a 4 banger... same symptoms as mine when it happened to me

Back