Bad TCC Solenoid or dirty trans screen?

Hondachic

Reaction score
Hi guys :) I've owned my 98 Accord 2.3L for a Lil more than a yr. Ran perfect til winter. It didn't want to shift to Oh till it warmed up then it was fine. Trans fluid was dark burnt & gritty. So after drain & refill 2xs it shifted nicely. Next day tho, it hesitated to go in 1st & then instead of shifting to 2nd it was like it just let go & hit neutral. Had code read, only P0740 & O2 sensor. I took the TCC Solenoid off, cleaned it with carb cleaner & the mounting plate. It was a lot better but still not right. What do yall think?

Honda Chic

james'99

Reaction score
As far as I know, for a full flush, you need to drain and fill 3x. But anyway, did you have the code before or after the drain and fill?

Have you tried clearing codes after cleaning the solenoid?

Is D4 flashing?

Which 02 Sensor code do you have?

drain & refill 2xs it shifted nicely. Next day tho, it hesitated to go in 1st & then instead of shifting to 2nd it was like it just let go & hit neutral. Had code read, only P0740 & O2 sensor. I took the TCC Solenoid off, cleaned it with carb cleaner & the mounting plate.

Honda Chic

Last edited:

Hondachic

Reaction score
No there is no gears flashing on dash. I only read codes after drain & refill. & yea I pulled the backup fuse for 20 mins.

Honda Chic

Hondachic

Reaction score
Oh & yea I bought the Honda DW1. Didn't put it on incline to just did it level.

Honda Chic

james'99

Reaction score
Did the CEL come on right as you started the car? There are a few backup fuses on the car. I don't know if everyone will do the trick but I usually clear from the code reader or unplug the battery altogether.

Hondachic

Reaction score
Should I pull & clean the other lower Solenoids also?

Honda Chic

james'99

Reaction score
If I recall correctly, D4 flashing usually points to an electrical issue with the tranny which obviously isn't your case. How many miles on the car/tranny?

Back