bad vibration

accord2slow

Reaction score
Hey guys. I just replaced all my mounts on my 2002 se a couple months back. the dam thing still vibrates pretty bad. At first I thought it was auto zone parts so I took them back and bought oem Honda ones. Still the same. Every is stock minus coilovers and 5 lug swap. It's been like this for about 15000 miles. It's my daily driver and it's getting kind of annoying. does anybody have any ideas of what else it could be.

accord2slow

Reaction score
One more thing. If I drive in reverse I feed no vibration. On in Park and if I floor it.

Varnell

Reaction score
Elaborate "vibrates pretty bad". I had my front motor mount broken for a while and my car would rock when I let off the clutch in gear. Rocked like a muscle car. I've got an annoying vibration now because someone backed into my car and the hood latch isn't tight enough to hold it still.

Have someone look in the engine bay while you feel it. I'm sure they can point out what's loose.

Varnell

Reaction score
I'm guessing you have an AT? I know the MT i4 has three motor mounts and a transmission mount. The only thing I can think of is if the frame that the mount is attached to is rusted out or damaged in some way. I'm sure that would have been noticed while putting the two sets of motor mounts in, though.

accord2slow

Reaction score
yea I know. I read on one of the fourms that I have to reset the computer so the little valve that contorls the vaccum on the rear motor mount can reset. I havent tried it yet because it too cold. but Ive never heard of that.

Back