bairdandrew77's 1999 h23a Accord coupe

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
Decided it's about time I show my car on here. It's nowhere near as clean as most cars on here, but here you go.

First, my very long and exhausting history with this car: I got this car a month before I turned 17. It had a no name header and exhaust, and Spectre intake. Of course, I was still 16 and thought those were the coolest things ever. After a test drive, I fell in love and bought it a couple days later (well, paid half and my mom helped with the other half). Almost immediately the car started having multiple issues, and a couple months later the transmission went out. Turns out there wasn't a single drop of fluid in there. We went back to the seller's apartment to talk to him, and found out he never lived there. It was a friend's address, and he was gone too. The car sat for about 6 months before the transmission was finally replaced, and I finally had something to drive!

The summer after graduation, the head gasket blew so I took it as an opportunity for a swap, and put in an h23a vtec. It was my first time doing any major modification, so I just installed it then took it to a "trusted" import mechanic for wiring and to get it running, who procrastinated for months, did a less than half-assed job and overcharged. Afterwards, I went to another performance shop to order all the parts I wanted/needed plus a few things he recommended to make the car run better (Skunk2 IM for 2 pin IAC, AEM CAI, dual core radiator, ECU+tune, header, etc, etc). I kept driving the car on the f23's ecu, thinking it would just be temporary, and slowly fixed whatever problems I could. I constantly went back to the shop to check on my parts, and he kept making excuses and saying they'll be there soon. After over a year, I started asking for my money back, and he refused, saying the parts will be here any day. A couple more months passed, and I found out not a single order was placed, on my parts and multiple other people's parts. And he went to prison for an unrelated crime. (YAY)

So now it seems I can't sue him for the $1500+ he stole for at least 5-10 years, and I'm finally getting ready to let my car go after more than 3 years. To be fair, this car taught me much more than any HS and a couple college classes did. I simply cannot put any more money into it and need to recover some of my losses.

:sorry: for the long and unnecessary story, for those of you who actually read it. You have no idea how much I'm leaving out. Here's her as she currently sits:

DSCN0305_zps81e463b3.jpg

DSCN0303_zps31eb87c5.jpg

DSCN0299_zps26aaa6da.jpg

DSCN0312_zps134a5acd.jpg

DSCN0307_zps7c59fca2.jpg

Last edited:

BamaVTEC

Reaction score
Damn, that thing has a lot of potential! I'd love to see you progress with it, sorry you gotta get rid of it... I'd love to do an H-swap on mine in the future.

agginline86

Reaction score
Did that mechanic tell you that your intake was an AEM CAI?
because that's an SRI and not even AEM....?

but not bad
def give it a wash
lower it
tint
retro

what are your future plans?

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
Did that mechanic tell you that your intake was an AEM CAI?
because that's an SRI and not even AEM....?

but not bad
def give it a wash
lower it
tint
retro

what are your future plans?

No, the AEM CAI is just another part I never got. That's a crappy Spectre intake currently on the car. My plans are actually to simply drive it until someone buys it and/or until I find a 100% stock 6MT 06-08 TSX with low miles. I was considering retiring it to a dedicated track car, but my CRX is the better choice for that :emotions34:

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
Not bad for what it is. Still work in progress but the swap makes up for the looks imo.
Thanks!

Damn, that thing has a lot of potential! I'd love to see you progress with it, sorry you gotta get rid of it... I'd love to do an H-swap on mine in the future.
Thanks! Yeah you should do the H swap in the future. It's so much fun when vtec engages

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
Well less than 2 hours ago my car was finally sold, here's the last pictures I got before she left for good :sad: Miss her so much already we've been through so much in the 4 years I've owned her...
IMG_20140113_113207_zpshwljxw4a.jpg

IMG_20140113_113236_zpsbvc8s3fx.jpg

Still going to come here a lot to share my knowledge whenever possible, and because this is easily my favorite forum I'm registered to :manos:

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
It still needed a lot of work and I just couldn't justify putting more into it. Plus I'm out at least $1500 in parts that I'll never get. But on the bright side, I'm going to be in the market for a tsx as soon as I have enough money!

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020T using Tapatalk

Back