Balance Shaft Eliminator Kit????

greekpizza

Reaction score
So im building a G23 Turbo(check out my thread) but Im having trouble finding some more info on the balance shaft eliminator kit. Ive heard some say they cause issues with the f23 and that removing them would be a mistake and others say that the motor revs faster and its a great mod. Im just looking for someone with real knowledge on the subject. THANKS!

chaby_91

Reaction score
It's good. No point in it. Just robbing engine power.

Kazenspeed or whatever makes a good kit.

Sorry dude, but that's not true. Honda wouldn't have taken the time & money to design, manufacture and install them if there was no point in it.

The purpose of balance shafts is to reduce vibration of the engine, mostly at idle. I'm not sure if you can delete it without harming the engine.

Last edited:

bagoon316

Reaction score
the balance shafts were originally installed to help with inner balance of engine internals rotating, and something with internal bearing. You need to read more about it, because I think there are people that have premature bearing failure caused from eliminating the balance shafts. I also believe is technology from early F1 days. Honda has a lot of R&D in this, so its there for a reason.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The F23 (and the K24) are one of the only engines from Honda with balance shafts. They did it for the vehicle it was going in to, their flagship/best selling vehicle. Of course they want to reduce vibrations from the engine.

Look at a diagram of any B, D, etc engine. They don't have balance shafts.

You'll be just fine removing them.

agginline86

Reaction score
from what I've read the amount of HP you'd gain is negligible
apparently it reduces engine vibration, but isn't that noticeable
the amount of vibration shouldn't harm anything though

maybe try taking off the belt first to see if you notice any improvement in performance?

chaby_91

Reaction score

maybe try taking off the belt first to see if you notice any improvement in performance?

I mentionned the BS had its own belt then edited my post, my bad. You can't do this because the BS belt also drives the oil pump.

greekpizza

Reaction score

if the power gains are negligible then ill probably just save the 100 bucks and put it toward some bigger injectors. Thanks for all the post guys, :thumbsup:

Back