bass cutting out

todd_cards

Reaction score
yes i am in the right spot for the thread and went through a couple pages and cant find my problem so i thought id make a new one thats probably on here somewhere but i cant find it!!!

besides that ^^^

i have 2 15 power acustic... i have a 1200 watt amp! ive had it in 2 cars... the first one with a 6g power wire and the other with a 8g power wire...
it is ran correctly one time from me and another from a prof. it seems as if i let them hit for a good 4 mins hard. they cut out for about 10 to 15 secs then the bass comes back on! if anyone has had this problem could you please help or suggest some things!?

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Give me more details. Could be over heating, could be a bad connection.

Is the amp turning off and/or ever going into protect mode?

What size fuses are on the back of the amp? Then I know how much current it's drawing

Give me as much info as you can and I'll help you out.

todd_cards

Reaction score
Give me more details. Could be over heating, could be a bad connection.

Is the amp turning off and/or ever going into protect mode?

What size fuses are on the back of the amp? Then I know how much current it's drawing

Give me as much info as you can and I'll help you out.

i think the amp is going into protect mode TBH. and let me get back with you tomorrow night or saturday morning with as much info as i can... im not sure of the fuse in the back! and i think it is over heating because it actually does it quicker during the summer.. and takes a tad bit longer in the winter! which would make since because of the temp! but ill check it out tomorrow all the #'s and stuff! sorry i should have known this before posting but wanted a reply thanks bro!

todd_cards

Reaction score
Also snap a pic of where the amp is located and how much clearance it has.

wow never thought about that either dude! that could be another thing.. but it hasnt always been on top! close to the trunk lid! it has been off and behind the speakers at time!

Akingkhan

Reaction score
I'm assuming 6 gauge & 8 gauge was a typo
How are you running your subs (parallel or in series)
How many ohms are the subs
How is your amp hooked up (bridged)

Akingkhan

Reaction score
6 & 8 gauge wire is small n almost 15' of it hooked up to a 1200 watt amp, not good...

Back