battery,brake,door lights flash,11.6- volts

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
dropped a brand new High output 150amp alt in sunday..car did fine till a few hours ago.
Driving home,i notice my door,trunk lights on like they where open,battery light and brake light comes on.at a stop.once my volts hit around 11.6 or lower.but,give it gas and they go out.

went and tested both battery(optima red top-few months old) it was good. and the ALT:
Good Reg:13.35v
Good Diodes
Est. Output 30a.(but o'riellys scanner. said that about my last alt and my buddies alt,so idk)

when i 1st installed it,car cranks and idles around 13.6/7 volts
now it wont go above 13.2 volts

what do you think?

Last edited:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
ill let the experts chime in, but it sounds like its not making enough power at idle. since it's a 150A, what brand is it? i'm only aware of the two 200A offerings from iraggi and stinger.

why it's dropped (and warning lights are coming on) after 2 days sounds like the wires and stuff inside have broken themselves in and *might* have gone bad. if it's a rewound stock alternator, this would be my prognosis.

but...someone else probably knows more :coffee:

EmMinODaGreaT

Reaction score
What is the alternator off of or for? A charging system test should be done with the car at 2k rpm and all accessories turned on, if the volts are between 13.1-14.1 the alt is charging properly. However if it was designed for another vehicle, the idle rpm etc may affect how well it charges at idle. Or the main power wire could be loose.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
its was a direct plug and play for our car..I bought if off a member on here,but its been sitting for at least a year or more.
I believe the company is called BOSS.He said he got it from online;ALTERSTART

I gave it another shot today,but it failed me yet again..so I ordred another one from work and slapped it on a few mins ago..with headlights on,radio,ac.ect ect..it holds around 13.3/4
at crank up idle its 13.6/7
from a quick drive around the block has not yet dropped below 13.3.but ill see how it does tmr with my 25+ mile drive to work

Back