bayson r vs. legit oem lip

frantz954

Reaction score
im trying to compare the two on a 99 coupe but having trouble finding decent pics. are they identical for the most part? the pics i keep finding, like i said its hard to get a good idea of how it looks. any info or straight on front end shots would be appreciated.

kn0x47

Reaction score
baysonr designed theirs with several differences (for legal reasons). the baysonr one looks a little more square, flat on the bottom, and i think it sticks father out at the front. If i had to buy another one again, i'd get the baysonr one just cause of the price difference

nyknick1015

Reaction score
ive seen teh bayson R oem style lip and it doesnt look too hot in person... it kinda looks out of place really

frantz954

Reaction score
http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=196177&page=5

This whole post on v6performance was a great help in picking the lip I wanted for my 01-02 coupe bumper. Page 5 just happen to have som close up pics of an OEM and BaysonR right next to each other. hope it helps.

helped a lot actually. i ve been torn between oem, bayson r and type r. after that post i think im gonna go with the type r for a couple reasons. the bayson r does look a lot flatter than the oe lip, close but from pics its not really my thing. the oem is way freakin expensive and after seeing the type r on a 99-00 coupe...im diggin it. type r it is.

thanks everyone, good lookin out!

BoyBlue

Reaction score
helped a lot actually. i ve been torn between oem, bayson r and type r. after that post i think im gonna go with the type r for a couple reasons. the bayson r does look a lot flatter than the oe lip, close but from pics its not really my thing. the oem is way freakin expensive and after seeing the type r on a 99-00 coupe...im diggin it. type r it is.

thanks everyone, good lookin out!

I decided to go with the type R also. I was against the type R for so long but after a few looks of it on an 01-02 coupe bumper I ordered a poly type R from bayson R.

toofastaccord23

Reaction score
why not go with the new poly mugen that basonr just made for the coupes its way better then then crappy abs mugen

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Yea but my ideal set up would be modding the OEM 98-00 coupe lip kit to my front bumper and have the sides and rear which would be very simple, but I have no money. HA:rock:

Last edited:
Back