Bearing inside flywheel?

Hondatababy

Reaction score
So I'm stuck in a predicament and could use some help lol. I have a 2000 Honda accord with a five speed transmission. We've had to tear out the transmission to replace the clutch. Come to find out there is a bearing inside the flywheel that no one knows what it is. I've looked for a pilot bearing(Honda said that's what it is). But no luck everywhere I look says my car isn't equipped with one. Anybody had similar issues? Know what that bearing is? I'm stuck with out a car until I can find it lol.

Emphasis

Reaction score
A release bearing, sometimes called a throw-out bearing, reduces wear on a pressure plate when a clutch pedal is pushed down.

vtec2000

Reaction score
Pics would help. When I changed my clutch last year I only saw the trow out bearing. Did you get a clutch kit or just pressure plate and disk? If you got the kit it should of come with the bearing.

Hondatababy

Reaction score
I had a stage two clutch kit. Disc went bad cuz they installed the wrong one. I've looked at the throw out bearing and it's twice the size of the bearing in the flywheel. Just bought an exedy disc n machined the flywheel but can't find the bearing I would post pics if I knew how to do it from mobile

Back