Been out of the audio world for awhile, help with front speakers

talontsiawd

Reaction score
what would almost be ideal (in an ideal world)...take some DIY drivers like dayton, vifa, peerless, etc and have a set in the car then mirror them at home. of course the source would be different and the amps in the signal path, but it might be one step closer.

Although it seems like a good idea, the speakers will sound vastly different in a room than a car. Secondly, if I were to use them as my main speakers to mix on, I would be mixing for those speakers. But even to supliment my reference monitors, it really doesn't work well because I am going from an accustically treated room with proper speaker placement to a car that is far from optimal for listening. It just doesn't work well, I use cheap computer speakers to supliment my main monitors instead.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I am not upgrading my HU, I can't afford a better navigation unit and honestly, it sounded better than my alpine anyway. I also don't plan to upgrade my amp. I am just trying to get rid of speakers that are 8 years older than the car without a downgrade.

OneLoud00Accord

Reaction score
I have the kicker ssmb6 in the doors and I love them, theyll pop a little too loud and too low but theyre fine down to 45 hz. The I have some 3.5" coaxials in pods on the a pillars with my own "crossover" from radioshack for 2 dollars. I turn my sub off from time to time just to enjoy the speakers they sound great, although better exists it only cost me about 100 dollars.

xx24xx

Reaction score
The biggest difference from what egg suggested, is that the IDs will get a lot louder. Sure they are China speakers, but they sound pretty damn good. If you aren't looking to get real loud pick up some german comps or something.

Back