Beginners Detailing kit giveaway Winners and instructions(UPDATED WITH INFO&PICS)

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to thank everyone who participated in the giveaway. I did not expect to see so much feedback, and people willing to take the initiative to learn a new subject. I am really happy I am able to make a difference in maintaining the aesthetics of everyone's car. In order to make this as fair as possible I used a randomizer online to determine the winners. I would like to announce the following winners of the giveaway:

mo.v6accord

DrOwZee

DarkSideAccord

dharding413

pointblank

Brad2274

White6GAV6

I will send everyone a pm for your shipping information, and I will put the instructions on how to use each product on this page. I will ship them out next Saturday due to my busy life schedule, and hopefully I will able to get all the necessary information and pictures up by then as well. To everyone who did not win this giveaway, I want to inform you that before CHRISTMAS, I will be also doing a 2nd giveaway as my PRESENT to you. So stay tuned for the next one.

Thanks everyone for bearing with me for the past week. I finally had some time over the weekend to get some car cleaning done, and snap some pictures along with it as well to show as an example of before and after shots. I will be listing each product description along with some safety information so no one will mess up anything. As a reminder to those who received their products, please give them a try over the weekend or whenever you have free time, and post your experiences with them in the "What did you do today Detailing related" thread. Let's begin:

The soap: Chemical guy's maxi suds ll

This is a maintenance type soap. Which is meant for cars that are washed weekly, or bi weekly, at most no more than a month worth of dust/road film. It is safe on all type of paint surfaces which includes single stage paint, base/clear coat, and matte finish as well. This soap will not strip your current wax, so you do not have to rewax your car afterwards. Only 1 oz of product is required for 2 gallons of water.

Here's the suds after not touching it for 10mins. Still very active suds IMO.

Window Cleaner: Meg glass cleaner concentrate

This glass cleaner does not contain any ammonia. It is safe to use on external, and internal windows with TINT windows. I would recommend using a glass cleaning towel instead of a microfiber towel because it will streak when wiping. Any towel with a waffle weave pattern will suffice.

Before and after shot of a window uncleaned and left outside 24/7 for 6 months.

Wheel and tire cleaner: Mothers wheel and tire cleaner

Mothers Foaming Wheel & Tire Cleaner is formulated to safely clean and restore wheels, including painted, clearcoated, color coated, steel, modular or chrome. Spray Mothers Foaming Wheel & Tire Cleaner generously onto a cool wheel and tire. Allow the foam to work for one to two minutes. Do not work in the sun and do not allow cleaner to dry on your wheels. Hose off your wheels and tires with a strong jet of water. Mothers Foaming Wheel & Tire Cleaner is not recommended for motorcycles, polished or roughcast aluminum, billet or anodized wheels. (Description taken from a retailer site)

I would recommend going to the dollar tree store and buy a stiff bristle brush for the tires. A microfiber towel or brush for the wheels will do.

Before and after:

During: Color of the grime turning brown and dislodging from the rubber

After:

Interior cleaner: Meg interior detailer

Meguiars Quik Interior Detailer cleans and protects all interior surfaces quickly and easily. Just spray and wipe to clean and protect interior plastics, vinyl, leather, rubber, metal, carbon fiber, wood and even audio and video equipment. Meguiars Quik Interior Detailer leaves a strong UV protectant to keep the ****pit looking like new. (description taken from a retailer) I would recommend to spray onto a towel and not directly if spraying on a surface that have any electronics.

Before and after: I just wiped it really quick to demonstrate the product against heavy layer of dust, and the matte finish it leaves behind.

Sealant: Detailer's pro series Poli coat paint sealant

Always at the bare minimum, wash and claybar your paint to decontaminate the above surface contamination prior applying any wax, or sealant to ensure a stronger bond which will determine a longer durability for the wax, and or sealant. Apply thin layer over each panel without getting the trim, and let it sit for one hour to haze before wiping off.

Enjoy, and I hope this will bring joy to someone's life and hopefully help destress the body, and spark a new hobby in some of you.

Last edited:

kn0x47

Reaction score
Re: Detailing kit giveaway Winners and instructions

never even knew this was going on haha. congrats guys. i'll watch for the second one

SykVSyx

Reaction score

Use those products wisely, Fellas.

Congrats to the winners.

H-town_Ryda_06

Reaction score

Awww I wanted to win lol

still cool that you are doing this for us tho, thanks!

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score

never even knew this was going on haha. congrats guys. i'll watch for the second one

Haha Jon. You had a week to see the thread. :lawl:

Use those products wisely, Fellas.

Congrats to the winners.

The 4 bigger bottles each contain 8 ozs. It should last them a couple rounds of cleaning their car. :thumbsup:

Thanks again for doing this!

Thanks for the support.

Awww I wanted to win lol

still cool that you are doing this for us tho, thanks!

Watch for the next one. Your chances have increased by 7, because previous winners can't participate.

I have sent a pm to everyone. Awaiting for response.

Brad2274

Reaction score

Thanks for the kit dude! Ill start trying things out as soon as I get them :boink:

White6GAV6

Reaction score

Still can't believe that i was a winner haha. Can't wait to use the kit. Thanks again for doing this.

cjsaccord

Reaction score

Congrats to the winners!

Back