bench racing is fun

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
the dellsolo is light and will win

but have fun, thats the whole point

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
you might as well record a video of it now that we know, I want to see how fast this del sol is.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I agree, who cares if you lose. But I just don't see how flooring an auto tranny, holding the steering wheel, and watching the car next to you pull away could be fun. But I guess there's still some element of thrill. I just wouldn't race a car unless it was MT.

Now if I was TRYING to destroy my crap 4spd auto, THAT would be fun. lol

juicebox00

Reaction score
just go for it. i redline my car on a daily basis and down **** my auto tranny for lights and have been doing so for 3 years. lol. a few 1/4 mile runs should be fine.

Edit* redling usually happens while entering freeway. i like to be going faster than traffic when i merge..:coffee:

Last edited:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Ur putting down roughly 160-170whp at best with a car that weighs around 3,200lbs in a 4 speed long geared car.

You will lose mostly due to the tranny than your weight.

If you want a weight vs hp. I have a good example. My datsun weights about 2,300lbs and has a inline 6 only putting down around 150hp to the crank at 7krpms. I raced a 2002 wrx wagon and we were nose to nose from a roll. I do beleive the 2002wrx has about 220hp crank hp but weighs 3,200lbs.

Lighter cars respond better to mods than heavy cars because it takes less energy to make the car move faster. So a supercharger on his del sol improved his performance significantly.

9450erick

Reaction score
hp is not what you need to look @ in fat cars like ours
its all about the torque curve, that what makes ur fat *** cars move n the 1st place
and the j30 i think(im not sure) is putting out more torque than hp
im i4 so i dont know/ i think i heard it somewhere

juicebox00

Reaction score
hp is not what you need to look @ in fat cars like ours
its all about the torque curve, that what makes ur fat *** cars move n the 1st place
and the j30 i think(im not sure) is putting out more torque than hp
im i4 so i dont know/ i think i heard it somewhere

200hp-195tq stock to crank

Skyy

Reaction score
Well, the del sol ended up not going.
And once I arrived, I quickly realized I shouldn't run due to the fact of an overwhelming number of american cars...2010 gt 500, dodge dart, camaro split bumber just to name a few and give you an idea.

It was a good time though, regardless of not racing.

as for the del sol vs accord..I think the del sol would pull. Ive driven it and it lacks a tune and other things, so I think there might be a slight, very slight, chance that I could win. But overall, no go.

sorry for the lack of vids:/

Back