Bent rim ?

Jh8909

Reaction score
anyone in the tri-state area know a good place that can fix a bent rim? I tried googling some places but I don't know how legit they are. I just hit a crater of a pot-hole on the way back from the post office :(

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
I got a place but the first question they'll ask you is "How much is this rim worth to you?" lolz the reason why is because they will charge you an arm and a leg. But when they fix a rim trust me it comes out like you just bought a new one. They usually don't do rims for cars but they can. They usually do truck rims 22^ or rims for bikes .... mostly for bikes since they are so expensive so ppl view the price for the repair better then buying a new pair. IDK the number or the name of it but i know where it is. its in paterson nj . lmk if u want more info but you've been warned price will be high lolz

Jh8909

Reaction score
wow yeah I don't know if I want to pay an arm and a leg for this. its a pretty minor severe bend but its noticeable. theres not even any curb rash on any of the rims

dcmystery21

Reaction score
the average quote for me has been about 125 a wheel. Depending on the wheel, you might just be better off buying a new one.

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
the average quote for me has been about 125 a wheel. Depending on the wheel, you might just be better off buying a new one.

+1 so i guess this place isn't that crazy with the prices lols ... they told me they would charge me 140 for the rim but it was garanteed that if u put a new tire on it and balance the wheel ... if it was off even by alittle they would refund you the money. they dont fix the actual bent they fix the entire rim

talontsiawd

Reaction score
As said, it is often in the ballpark of a new wheel, assuming you don't have something special. I got quoted $150 for a very reputable shop in my area that specializes in very high end wheel repair. I know some people have found shops as low as $50 but I have heard very mixed results.

Also, from what I have been told, the wheel will not have the same integrity after the fix as a new one. Another reason to buy a new wheel.

Now, if you have rare, expensive, or discontinued wheels, this is the way to go.

Back