Bex's 1997 JDM Accord Sedan (56K Beware)

bex

Reaction score
FOB = Freight On Board, which basically means that you have to pay freight to get your vehicle off the boat. When it arrives customs will impound it until you pay any tariffs and freight to the shipper.

When you request a proforma invoice via email, they will include the CIF price which is the cost of shipping including freight = CIF.

If you want to try it out, request a proforma invoice via email and see what the cost is to ship to the nearest USA port, which may be limited to Miami, Orlando or Jacksonville.

Out inport tariff for vehicles here is 50% below $10,000; 67% below 50,000; after that they stick on luxury tax which I have no idea what it is, so check your local GAO to get import taxes/custom duties before you go forward. The advantage in the Bahamas is that the cars are very low miles and the cost is very reasonable, the only drawback is the wait time. Example, I ordered this vehicle in August, it just arrived last week.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
BlkCurrantKord said:
F18B
Accord 1.8 VTS
JDM
Configuration SOHC 16 valves
Type non-VTEC
compression 9.0:1
Bore x stroke 85mm x 81.5mm
Displacement 1850cc
125 @ 5800rpm, 122lb@4500rpm

F20B
Accord 2.0 LEV, VTS, VTS 4wd
JDM
Configuration SOHC 16 valves
PGM-FI
Type non-VTEC
compression 9.0:1
Bore x stroke 85mm x 88mm
Displacement 1997cc
135hp @5700rpm, 134lb @4500rpm

F20B
Accord SiR-T
JDM
Configuration DOHC 16 valves
PGM-FI
Type VTEC
compression 11:1
Bore x stroke 85mm x 88mm
Displacement 1997cc

Auto - 180hp @ 7000rpm, 140tq @ 5500rpm
Manual - 200hp @ **** rpm, 160(ish)tq @ ****rpm

DjC said:
Actually, his is a F20B VTEC which has 150hp. The 135Hp is the non-vtec one.

Read twice before correcting me. N00b's :bash:

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
how come you didn't just get a Accord Type R or SiR, something a bit higher since you're dealing with the import fees etc?

DjC

Reaction score
Totalimmortal said:
Read twice before correcting me. N00b's :bash:

Ummm.. how did I correct you?

I was just informing you that his was the 150hp version since it was not listed.

Calling me a n00b... :rofl:

Last edited:

minituck04

Reaction score
yeah i called about that supra. its the price of the vehicle. yeah i know its cheap as ****. what the guy told me is that over in japan hondas and such dont hold thier value. kinda like our **** cars we build. so thats why they are so cheap. cuz they dont have much value over there. its cost anywhere from 750 to 1200 in shipping and no more than 300 for customs. but then you have to take it to an importer. and only they can make it legal for the US. heres the link to all the importers in the US. http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/web_RI_list01122006.html. so after that happens then you have to go through the task of trying to get it registered in your state. which he told me is very very very hard to do. so im sure you have to spend mad cash. "The requirements of each agency are discussed in more detail on the corresponding pages. WETL imports vehicles for individuals from countries all over the world. However, due to the cost involved (on average $6,000.00 US dollars), the majority of the vehicles imported are Mercedes, BMW, Jaguar, Porsche etc. " direct quote from the company here in houston. but even if you were to pay the 5k for that RHD supra. 1500 in shipping and customs. and say 6000k to get it legal. you would still have a jdm supra for around 12k. which is cheaper then any damn supra here. i would really like to have that car or even a ek3. but yeah 00accord4cyl to answer your question the prices are right. just cars over there are uber cheap. like the damn 96 r33 skyline with like 40 something thousand miles for 1400. im going to continue to search and see how much it really cost for that supra. i sent the info to a company to see how much it would cost. if its under 10k im getting a prelude and my accord is going bye bye

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
i gotta give a bump to Chris over at accordinglydone.com . he spent a few hours trying to find me a jdm 2.5rs with little luck. i say pm him about importing as well

Back