"Big Three / Grounding Kit" - Improving your electrical grounds

Jianizzle

Reaction score
I think it was 8$ shipping for me (ordered 10ft) to Canada...which seems to be not too bad.

Compared to a local shop that wanted 10$ a foot for the same stuff lol.

I'll let you know if the cable is good once it gets here

Alrighty, let me know! The prices are very convincing.. :hihi:
Oh and did you order your ring terminals from there too or did you get them somewhere else?

inv4zn

Reaction score
Alrighty, let me know! The prices are very convincing.. :hihi:
Oh and did you order your ring terminals from there too or did you get them somewhere else?

I got my terminals from partsexpress.com...lol they seem solid enough.

One warning though, the picture shows 2 terminals (one black, one red). so naturally I ordered two, because I thought I would need 3. However, they come in PAIRS. so in one pack, theres 4 of them lol. Not that big a deal, but just in case you don't read the item name (like i didn't lol)

Jianizzle

Reaction score
Aww snap.. I knew I should've ordered my ring terminals with my battery terminals, gah!
I guess I gotta look around for some ring terminals locally.. I hope I can find the cheap!

inv4zn

Reaction score
K, the cables came today, and its pretty awesome. I grabbed the white, and it looks like an upgrade without having the whole rice thing going...its flexible enough, and thick as hell lol

So, for the V6's, there are 4 wires essentially that are connected to the battery.
Positive terminal -> Alternator positive, starter motor
Negative/ground -> chassis, engine block (near the starter motor as well)

The chassis, engine block, and negative terminal are connected together.

The positive terminal -> alternator positive wire runs behind the engine, in plastic tubing. Should be easy enough to find and add/replace.

With a bit of digging around it shouldn't be too hard to do.

I bought 10 feet of wire, and I think I may be pushing it slightly for all 4 (including the starter motor), so buy 12~14 feet if you haven't already. Not sure how much you need for a 4cyl.

Also, the P3 terminals from parts express has 1 1/0gauge hole, and 1 hole for either 2, or 4 (im assuming 4), so you can't really connnect 2 1/0 wires, unless you cut some strands, or manage to squeeze them in...

That's all I think...lol I'll try and get some pics once it's done.

gl with yours Jianizzle lol

Jianizzle

Reaction score
Sounds sweet! I think I'm just going to pull the trigger on the KnuKonceptz 1/0 gauge wire. The prices are cheap and I've heard some good feedback. Now a quick question.. inv4zn. Which power wire did you get? The KLMX or the Kolosuss? I'm quite curious because I've read that the KLMX is quite thicker and the Kolosuss is less. Thanks in advance and post up some pics, I'm excited to see the "Big Three" done on your car! :naughtyrun:

inv4zn

Reaction score
Sounds sweet! I think I'm just going to pull the trigger on the KnuKonceptz 1/0 gauge wire. The prices are cheap and I've heard some good feedback. Now a quick question.. inv4zn. Which power wire did you get? The KLMX or the Kolosuss? I'm quite curious because I've read that the KLMX is quite thicker and the Kolosuss is less. Thanks in advance and post up some pics, I'm excited to see the "Big Three" done on your car! :naughtyrun:

I bought the KLMX...the Kolosuss doesn't have 1/0 gauge, unless you get the fleks stuff. But honestly the KLMX is flexible enough to not give you any hassle. The fleks stuff is like a wet noodle -- nice, but not necessary.

I'm gonna use the table vice at work tomorrow to clamp on the rings, and we'll see if I can finish it tomorrow lol.

good luck as well

dorkiedoode

Reaction score
K, the cables came today, and its pretty awesome. I grabbed the white, and it looks like an upgrade without having the whole rice thing going...its flexible enough, and thick as hell lol

So, for the V6's, there are 4 wires essentially that are connected to the battery.
Positive terminal -> Alternator positive, starter motor
Negative/ground -> chassis, engine block (near the starter motor as well)

The chassis, engine block, and negative terminal are connected together.

The positive terminal -> alternator positive wire runs behind the engine, in plastic tubing. Should be easy enough to find and add/replace.

With a bit of digging around it shouldn't be too hard to do.

I bought 10 feet of wire, and I think I may be pushing it slightly for all 4 (including the starter motor), so buy 12~14 feet if you haven't already. Not sure how much you need for a 4cyl.

Also, the P3 terminals from parts express has 1 1/0gauge hole, and 1 hole for either 2, or 4 (im assuming 4), so you can't really connnect 2 1/0 wires, unless you cut some strands, or manage to squeeze them in...

That's all I think...lol I'll try and get some pics once it's done.

gl with yours Jianizzle lol
if you have a v6 definitely take some pix!

Jianizzle

Reaction score
I bought the KLMX...the Kolosuss doesn't have 1/0 gauge, unless you get the fleks stuff. But honestly the KLMX is flexible enough to not give you any hassle. The fleks stuff is like a wet noodle -- nice, but not necessary.

I'm gonna use the table vice at work tomorrow to clamp on the rings, and we'll see if I can finish it tomorrow lol.

good luck as well

Alrighty, sounds good to me. KLMX it is. Oh and one last thing before I go off and buy the wire and ring terminals... Is it necessary to use a table vice for the rings or would it be possible with some uber elbow grease and a large vice?

inv4zn

Reaction score
Alrighty, sounds good to me. KLMX it is. Oh and one last thing before I go off and buy the wire and ring terminals... Is it necessary to use a table vice for the rings or would it be possible with some uber elbow grease and a large vice?

Honestly, it's up to you..

I had clamped on ring terminals for my amp/woofer with regular pliers and what I thought was enough force, and it fell out while i was driving lol -- and im not THAT weak.

If you feel comfortable, by all means go ahead. You can tug on it a bit to see how tight it really is. Ive also heard of people using solder to hold it in place, but the wire is so thick i donno how that's going to work.

I'm using table vice because I have one at work lol...I think its one of those cases where whatever works? If anyone else that's done this can pitch it, that might help as well...

I'll take pics when I'm done!

Back