Biggest Tire on 4Lug Steelies?

nexTOme

Reaction score
205/60/15 is only 6mph fast. and even if wheels are off it's not like it's hard to figure out how off they are. just go by one of those radar signs

how about all the accumulated miles car didnt travel?
they will eventually add up and decrease the value of the car when you re-sell.

or vice versa :hihi:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
205/60/15 is only 6mph fast. and even if wheels are off it's not like it's hard to figure out how off they are. just go by one of those radar signs
exactly, and its not like hondas are known for their accurate speedos over 60mph anyway :lawl: just keep up with traffic :lawl:
thats what i was gonna say.
even the guy who works at a local tire shop was thinking the profile number indicating the actual width. i wanted 225/40 18, and all they had was 215/40 18. i said i didnt want it, and he was trying to sell me the tire by telling me they are the samething. i lol'd and showed him on computer.

he told me not to tell his manager LOL
yep, they're close but not the same :)

juicebox00

Reaction score
how about all the accumulated miles car didnt travel?
they will eventually add up and decrease the value of the car when you re-sell.

or vice versa :hihi:

well i don't plan on selling it. lol. plus by the time i do if i were to it wouldn't be worth much anyways. and even my 205/65/15's which were stock were 5mph fast when i got up to speed.

lithiumus

Reaction score
Not to be too picky about the calculator but the Tire Calculator is a decent indicator so that you are at least targeting the right size and aiming for that 0% match to OEM...

However, different tires of the same exact dimensions will vary and are not identical. The number that you want to match is the RPM (Revolutions Per Mile) which is provided by the tire manufacturer in the specs. You'll commonly see that even though a tire size is matched by the tire calculator to be 0% off or 100% identical to OEM, when you match the OEM RPM to whatever tire, it won't be the same and rarely will be.

To have a perfect match, look for these numbers in addition to just the tire sizes.

It's even more critical when you have a staggered setup (which we don't) but if we did, it's critical that the front and rear RPM ratios are identical to OEM or things like TCS or ABS will not function optimally and is dangerous...

Back