Black Friday!!

smoky

Reaction score
im gonna be working on black friday 0200-1100...so i don't think im going anywhere cuz im sure by then everything will be gone lol

02CowboyAccrd

Reaction score
Try working at Toys R Us on Black Friday, I did and let me tell you, Ive never thought people could be so desperate, it was back when Furby came out, I know, Im old, it was like 12 yrs ago, people were just grabbing anything like it was free sh*t. My sister tries to get me to go with her like at 3 am, and uhh uh I aint no sucker, she just wants me to get in line for her...

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Are you kidding!? I won't step foot within a 2 mile radius of any store on this day from hell. Human beings turn into ravenous dogs and annoy me to no end. I'd rather pay more for something and not deal with the chaos than end up in jail for punching a pregnant woman in the face. Thank God for white saturday.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
The wife and I are heading down, anyone know what time Best Buy typically opens on Black Fridays?

We were thinking of heading down for around midnight on the Friday to see who would be open EARLY.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
I will be camping out in front of either best buy or walmart at about 2AM
I'm looking for a 50 inch LCD for about $500
I would love a Plasma or LED, but I know I wont find one for $500

matty2013

Reaction score
Sounds like you guys take this **** seriously, We have boxing day on December 26th and people usually line up in front of Best buy 3 hours ahead. But the deals aren't as great as in the states

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
besy buy's line is around the store...the average size around here is 5000-7000 sq ft...

people camp out at best buy and walmart starting on thanksgiving day :ughrun: they always show people on the news in their tents and using their camp stoves to make thanksgiving food.

i guess some people dont grasp time vs money...id rather be doing other things on thanksgiving than being out in the cold...

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
it depends on what you want to use it for. plasmas are better for home theaters but need the lights turned out. lcds are good for daily use but have a slow refresh rate for motion. leds light the panel more evenly but are almost double the cost of a plasma.

price wise...plasmas are cheapest. they were like $20k a couple years ago then got a bad rep for leaking gas and having screen burn-in...then got a bum rap due to a few myths (increased radiation, having to "refill" it every couple years, only lasting 3 years, incurable burn-in, etc).

so it all depends on what you want to do with it. someday, ill end up with either a plasma or projector for a home theater setup, unless LEDs have caught up by then.

Back