Black housing crappy chrome projectors NEED OPINIONS PLZ

Which black housing should i do to these aftermarket projectors?

• With chrome bezles around the projector

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • All black

Votes: 13 76.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

98akkordLX

Reaction score
Here's a lil DIY on how 2 do the black housing on aftermarket projectors like mine...
-start with takin ur headlight off of the car,
-preheat oven to 250degrees
-damp up a cotton hand towel,
-once preheated, turn oven off
-lay the wet towel on the grill
-put the headlight in face down
-put a timer on ur fone of 6 mins
-after 6 mins, take the headlight out
-grab a flathead screwdriver if u need 2 pry but most of the time, u can just pull the headlightz clear lens and the back grey housing apart with ur hands starting from the corner closest 2 the highbeamz
-then once you have it off, screw out the haloz off of the chrome lens
-then unscrew two screws on the bottom of the headlight 2 take apart the chrome piece from the clear
-also unscrew one screw that attaches the clear shell that covers the blinker bulb, and you are ready for paint!
-Now i have done both of my headlights different... one is all black and the other has chrome walls but black face(look on my thread and you'll know what im talkin about, also the ones with chrome, im gunna take better pics since the sun iz glaring on that headlight'z pic and makin it hard 2 tell what it loox like)

AFTER UR DONE PAINTING, HERES THE PUTTING BACK TOGETHER DIRECTIONS...
-Preheat the oven again to 250degz
-turn oven off and lay the damp towel
-put together two shells as well aligned together but dont force them together, just push as much as they would temperorily stay together
-put it in the oven face down again, and this time, leave it in there for about 7-8 mins
-and take them out and just push both the shells together so all the clips clip together, and ur all set!

I've done this atleast 3-4 times on the same set of headlights and i have no condensation in my headlights or any water leakage or any problems of that sort. Honestly its a very easy and Idiot proof project, u cant reeli fcuk it up.
It works great and also vote up my poll of the black housing headlights cuz i cant make up my mind on which one i should do! Have fun with the project and enjoy the new look!!

I juss opened up my $hitty aftermarket projectorz 2 practice a black housing. N therez two kindz i did, chek out the pics n give me sum opinionz abt which one i shud do...

Photo0052.jpg

Im sure u can notice that the driver side headlight has chrome ringz around the projectors and the passngr side duznt. Which one should i keep? Heres the closeup of both of them.

This one is all black...
Photo0053.jpg

and this one has chrome bezles(almost like shrouds)...
Photo0054.jpg

PLZ GIMME SOME OPINIONS ON WHAT YOU GUYS THINK I SHOULD KEEP IN THE POLL, I'LL DO WHATEVER THE POLL RESULTS COME OUT AS

Last edited:

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
I think the black housing with chrome bezels looks really nice & unique...

98akkordLX

Reaction score
ummm all black....chrome one just looks....odd

u also gotta consider that the one with the chrome'z projector iz not aligned, it may look a lil odd cuzzo that. I will take better pics of the chrome one and post up tomorrow. Maybe it will look bettr if the pic is more cleaner like the black one'z.

Ric Rock

Reaction score
arent aftermarkets made of plastic?? if you bake it wouldnt it melt? i dunno.....but i would do all black GL with the project yo!!!

98akkordLX

Reaction score
arent aftermarkets made of plastic?? if you bake it wouldnt it melt? i dunno.....but i would do all black GL with the project yo!!!

all of them are made of plastic, aftermarket or not, but at 250 degrees, i can keep my hand in the oven and it would be just warm, 250degz is only hot enuf 2 soften the glue/silicone that is used to put the lights together, it duznt even soften the plastic, but u juss hav 2 make sure u turn the oven off when putting the headlight in. The time really duznt matter cuz even if you absolutely dont take the headlight out at all for hours, it still wont do anything to the headlight because 250degz temperature is not going 2 hurt the headlight in any way, shape or form... and since you turned the oven off, the temp is only gunna go down, but for optimum results, follow the DIY on the top of this page.

trancemode

Reaction score
LOL i just drive with hid kit 8000k blue with no projector xD

98akkordLX

Reaction score
LOL i just drive with hid kit 8000k blue with no projector xD

thass an azzhole move trancemode, im sure ur likeing the brightness in front of ur car but evybody'z being blinded by it, plus ur not getting optimum brightness in front of your car from the HIDz without projectorz, If you pick up a decent pair of projectors and retrofit, the road will become almost 40-50% brighter than what it iz! if u ask me, i would much rather have 1.5 times as much brightness as HIDz without projectors and also at the same time NOT make my car look like a rice bucket and retrofit some projectors and then only think of HIDz or else it loox like every other civic hatchback slammed on cut springz, bouncin 5-6 timez after evy lil bump in the road and mufflerz soundin like queen latifa'z big azz after a huge mexican bean fiesta!!

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
thass an azzhole move trancemode, im sure ur likeing the brightness in front of ur car but evybody'z being blinded by it, plus ur not getting optimum brightness in front of your car from the HIDz without projectorz, If you pick up a decent pair of projectors and retrofit, the road will become almost 40-50% brighter than what it iz! if u ask me, i would much rather have 1.5 times as much brightness as HIDz without projectors and also at the same time NOT make my car look like a rice bucket and retrofit some projectors and then only think of HIDz or else it loox like every other civic hatchback slammed on cut springz, bouncin 5-6 timez after evy lil bump in the road and mufflerz soundin like queen latifa'z big azz after a huge mexican bean fiesta!!

What you talkin about bro?? :slap: Maybe to clear it up:

1) Correct your punctuation
2) Stop using "z" to replace "s", its a pain in the azzzzzz to read.
3) Wheres those bumper pics you have promised me????

Back