Black interior paint

ccordex00

Reaction score
well taking the seats carpet all plastic and stuff would give me more than enough room to paint the top dashboard...i'm thinking about leather dye for the main portion (around the radio) but it's just an idea...i'm still deciding on going all black or two tone.

SeanXtec

Reaction score
You must not have looked that hard...hondaautomotiveparts has every single oem interior part in black. Your local dealer would also have any piece that you need...

ccordex00

Reaction score
link?? Cause I looked on tasauto and they only have covers for the seat and no custom black is available for black...also
$50ish for paint and material v/s $500+ for new parts?:jarred:

SeanXtec

Reaction score
www.hondaautomotiveparts.com

They sell about every oem honda part known to man.
And yes I understand that paint would be much cheaper, just wanted to let you know that these parts are indeed out there.

Last edited:

ccordex00

Reaction score
I looked over hondaautomotive parts...center console is not shown in black check on all the number 14's center console parts available for sedans and coupes...I know that you can buy almost every part online,ebay (dashboard vents and some covers) but then what would I need an extra set of parts if I already have all of em'...I think the difficult part to work with would be the dashboard lower piece because it's made out of leather or some material close to leather so the paint might crack or it won't stick that well..the headliner...door panel's inserts (leather) and finding a decent set of leather covers for my rear seats...again I'm not sure about going all black or two tone..if I go all black is gonna look insane if done properly but i'm still having second thoughts about the carpet dye.

SeanXtec

Reaction score
I knew this would come up - I had the same problem when ordering some interior parts. For some reason honda decided to name all of their black plastic parts as "classy gray". Kind of ridiculous. Basically, classy gray = black.

ccordex00

Reaction score
nice info...do you have pics of the parts?? cause i thought they were graphite black...the looks of my tester (part that i just painted) looks like an oem black with armorall

SeanXtec

Reaction score
Well if you want the accord OEM black, it is in fact that graphite-esque black color, not a completely dark black.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Looks good David. I used that same paint on the interior of my car and it came out great. No fading, no chipping or anything. Used it on the dash, door panels, kick panels and door sills. My car was a light gray/dark gray combo, and I painted everything that was dark gray, black.

Last edited:
Back