Blacked out tailights?

nhldogg

Reaction score
So i just installed blacked out tailights and i had a few questions. First off i know for a fact that you can see them during night time very well but i am not sure about daytime as of now. My friend told me today though that if someone were to rear end me that it would automaticly be my fault due to the blacked out lights.. Is this true? If so how do i make the lights brighter? Should i convert the bulbs to led's?

JonWiLL

Reaction score
Well smoke taillights are illegal, so it is possible for the blame to be on you in the case of being rear ended.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
The visability of your tail lights is directly proportional to the amount of tint coats that you spray.... or how dark the tint is you put on them.

At night you will have no problem

Just have someone press the brake and stand outside during the day at the back end and see if they are bright or not....

Tinted tails are meh... blah

nhldogg

Reaction score
I bought the lights off of a member and i really like the way they look. They were not sprayed they have film over them so i believe they are "smoked". I took a look during the day without pressing the break but they seamed fine. What i am mainly concerned about is the whole being my fault in the case of me being rear ended. Would it not be my fault if the cop looks and sees for himself that my bulbs are bright enough to be visible?

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
2^ smoked tail lights are not illegal, there a dif btw smoked and baclked out tails,
smoked u can still see in tail light but darker than stock, blacked out is illegal, and makes it ur fault in some cases if rear ended, if a cop shines a dull flash light in ur tails and cant see very well u need to change ur tail asap

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
if you get rear ended and the guy "claims" he couldn't see your lights that well, they can hold you at fault.

nhldogg

Reaction score
2^ smoked tail lights are not illegal, there a dif btw smoked and baclked out tails,
smoked u can still see in tail light but darker than stock, blacked out is illegal, and makes it ur fault in some cases if rear ended, if a cop shines a dull flash light in ur tails and cant see very well u need to change ur tail asap

I mean you can see through the tailight. Would led lights be brighter during daylight compared to the factory bulbs?

Back