Blackhouse Headlights glue Tip!!!

nyknick1015

Reaction score
So i just recently DIY blackhouse my headlights and it worked really well for me and just thought i might share the tip with you guys as well for future reference.

I did the whole oven trick to separate the glue from the headlight housing but when you are done, if you heat back up the headlights for like 3 minutes, you can reuse the glue on the headlights and let it cool down till it gets back hard and sticks together it worked really well with my headlights.

thats if you dont want to buy new glue to put on the headlight housing

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip bro, though I'm sure that's exactly the way everyone has been doing it all along this whole time.. unless they are really paranoid about fogging, in which case they added more glue.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
well i kno beedizzle had used new glue on his lights cuz i saw his car at the meet, and i think hassan and justin was also tellin me to use new glue as well...

but if they havent been, heres a tip for next the next time

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
yea everyone reuses the glue...some add more for extra fog protection...but everyone pretty much reuses the glue that comes on it...

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
im too cheap for new glue.... i've opened my lights up at least 4 times already and dont have any sealing issues.... :D

matty2013

Reaction score
I used some poly urethane sealant, kinda like caulking. Plus there were some holes drilled in the bottom of the housing, I think previous owner had a fog problem so this indicated that MAYBE I should seal them better

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
what kind of "glue" is recommended? i have ebay special blacked housing headlights and they fog up.pretty bad.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
i heard the nissan sealant glue is good and not to sure bout hondabond... i think thats what its called. but other than that, i just reused the stock glue

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
clear silicone is what ricers use...as andy said :)

grey rtv silicone at least matches and looks oem...works for fogging

Back