Blackhouse Headlights glue Tip!!!

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
clear silicone = i pulled these apart mahself and it shows...

matching silicone = wow did these lights come that way?

blinkz0rz

Reaction score
I was just getting ready to seal them back up and thought about this.

Yeah, I just spent the last few hours doing this DIY. The only problem I had is a few minutes ago when I took the painters tape off from inside the signal reflector, some of the paint came with the tape. I had to remask a small portion and spray again...ugh. :bash:

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
yeah, i have never added more glue to the 3 or 4 headlights ive gone through

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
1) Who looks at silicone and says "hmm.. that person must have pulled these apart"?

2) Paint coming off with painter's tape sucks. I had a similar problem, but it wasnt bad. just take a blade and cut right along the edge of the tape before taking it off. LIGHTLY. If that doesn't work, or area is inaccessible, pull off slowly and carefully.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
no one looks at them and says that, but when you mention that you had taken the headlights apart to someone, and they look like theyve never been touched, **** looks clean.

stanleybb50

Reaction score
Not sure if people will think this is a good idea or not...

I read about the paint sometimes coming off with the tape when people use making tape on the housing for a blackhouse project...

So last night when i did my painting, I pulled off a piece of masking tape and actually had an old carpet that we ripped out and put the tape down on the carpet and pressed it in, then lifted it off and then put it back down on the carpet one more time.

This made the masking tape get less sticky with all the carpet fuzz on it. So when I pulled it off, it came off perfect and the chrome looking finish that i left around the parking light stayed on nicely...

The same concept could be used, where instead of an old carpet, just put the tape down on your pant-leg or shirt or something a couple times so it starts to lose its stickiness somewhat...

Just an idea and I hope it helps someone out!

But to Badger - just out of curiosity, how did you go through 3-4 headlights?

Back