Blacknight & Cdubb77 header install

clevengercm

Reaction score
dont you just love then turning a bronze color after the engine gets hot..Mine did the same :rolleyes:

HandoEX

Reaction score
I don't get how using the spark plug defouler trick would change anything with a non-functioning o2 sensor. Skabone - What is that trick intended to do in this situation? Also, how would a header install change anything with the o2 sensor located in the cat piping? Wouldn't that affect the primary o2:confused:

It sounds to me like you need to replace the pre-cat o2 sensor.

skabone

Reaction score
HandoEX said:
I don't get how using the spark plug defouler trick would change anything with a non-functioning o2 sensor. Skabone - What is that trick intended to do in this situation? Also, how would a header install change anything with the o2 sensor located in the cat piping? Wouldn't that affect the primary o2:confused:

It sounds to me like you need to replace the pre-cat o2 sensor.
you put the defouler on your cat. drill out one of the defoulers, screw both of them together and install it on your cat. the exhaust fumes now have to travel thru a hole the size of an eraser head and they have to travel about 2 inches to reach the o2 sensor. it pretty much tricks the o2 sensor into believing that the exhaust comming out of the car is running fine, thus no check engine light. ;)

HandoEX

Reaction score
Right, I get that and before I bought the H22 last week (which is obd1) I was going to do that to my high flow cat.

However, if the meter is telling you that the o2 sensor is failing, the o2 sensor is failing. Using a defouler is not going to fix a broken o2 sensor in any way, shape or form. There is absolutely no relation to a non-functioning o2 sensor and the spark plug defouler trick. That trick is for a non-functioning catalytic converter.

skabone

Reaction score
HandoEX said:
Right, I get that and before I bought the H22 last week (which is obd1) I was going to do that to my high flow cat.

However, if the meter is telling you that the o2 sensor is failing, the o2 sensor is failing. Using a defouler is not going to fix a broken o2 sensor in any way, shape or form. There is absolutely no relation to a non-functioning o2 sensor and the spark plug defouler trick. That trick is for a non-functioning catalytic converter.
your right, I thought I read blacknight's post that is was the cat.

whats intresting with my 02 sensor is I have not had to change my secondary 02 sensor since I got my car. I guess that 02 sensor doen't really have to work too hard now with the defouler. :D

Back