Blacktrax IM on F23 head?

michaelp4283

Reaction score
So H23 IM on F23 head has been done with the transition plate. I picked up a Blacktrax H23 with two spacers in a trade and I'm wondering how it might work for my application. I know the Blacktrax manifolds don't dyno so well (+2-3 hp) with H22's, at least from what I've read, but I'm curious if the extra stroke of the F23 will help suck harder on this manifold and actually take advantage of the extra plenum and runner volume. Guess I'll have to test it to find out, but what's your gut feeling? 11.5:1 CR and Bisi stage 2.5+ cam

michaelp4283

Reaction score
I will be testing the manifold for sure when dyno time comes. In the mean time, does it work well in theory?

michaelp4283

Reaction score
Thank you guys, for the generic responses. I don't think its that unreasonable to use what we know about engine dynamics (plenum size, runner length, compression, duration, stroke, rpm etc.) to speculate how well a manifold would be suited for an application.

Kevin@g5a

Reaction score
theory and reality are far from the same
Dead on for this one and the reason is because sometimes an idea sounds phenominal on paper or online. The measurements seem right, all variables seem perfect!.......then you put it to application and it can fall flat on its face, or just not give the expected result you desire.
If you're looking for something that specific here, you're not going to find it.
His idea is sound, I'd be interested to see this if it develops and can hold some good results.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
most headwork is uncharted territory on our cars since most people have stuck to bolt-ons. if you want to know you're going to have to do it and get both a baseline dyno and a post install dyno. since you're already running a larger cam if you don't get a pre-install baseline you're not going to really know what if any gains your getting from this IM

Back