BlowBy

Snoobly

Reaction score
so you're saying that blow-by is normal for boosted engines? It'd be pretty great if i didn't have to put a new engine in. I'm pretty proud that i'm about to roll over 200k soon and i don't wanna put a new engine in if i don't have to. (granted the f23 is dirt cheap at like 300 bucks around here).

And CleanSweeper, I think that blow-by can come through the valves also. correct me if im wrong!

UTIaccord

Reaction score
+1

Plus he already knows what the problem is haha in his case, blow by, its going to be a ring every time.

this will tell him which cylinder has the faulty rings without having to take the whole head off and dropping the lower block to take the piston out, even though he will have to do so to replace it anyways its just a quick and easy way to check which piston is the culpirate

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Good point^ didn't think of it that way.

And blow by is only pistons, is the way I've always understood it.

UTIaccord

Reaction score
kinda, blow by can be pistons or valve seals though, any kinda of gas that "blows by" the seals or rings that goes into the crankcase, btw blow by does take an effect on your seals and everything, blow by gases that reach the crank case form acids that eat at your seals, so its not really something to overlook

Last edited:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Ryan, yup.. When this SAME thing happened to me, I shed a tear because it was 3/4 cylinders blown ringlands, during a street tune, this was before I left Oklahoma.

Hope your issue isn't what I think it is, and actually is 'normal' blow-by..

Back