Blown amp or speakers??

kb4mvp

Reaction score
I recently bought a new headunit, and got it installed at California Tint.. SGV people should know that place.. After i got it installed, the guy who installed it told me I have a blown amp and that hes surprised the amp lasted me this long. The speaker on my passenger side door is the only speaker that doesn't work. All the other speakers are fine.. Doesn't that mean I have a blown speaker and not an amp?

SickCeeGeeSix

Reaction score
yea u have a blown speaker! just get some new 6.5's and if ur amp doesnt power up its done!

dynasty

Reaction score
kinda confused. but what kind of amp is it? is the amp for your cabin speakers?

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
LOL even the stereo installation idiots are out to rip people off. You probably have a blown speaker, or they did not connect the speaker. A blown amp will affect all the speakers not just one. Even with a blown amp, the speakers will work but you won't be able to turn it up very loud. :jae:

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
If the amp was blown you would have NO sound.

either the speaker is blown or they never hooked up that speaker.
You can always test the speaker to see if it works

XxESKIMOxX

Reaction score
i have a speaker for 6.5 i never used it. but you can give it a try. its those DUAL that you see at walmart that lights up. i only have one 6.5. so you can have it for a can of arizona sweet tea from 711 or wherever place you can get it at lol. (basically im really giving it to you for free) it might be missing wires (ill try to find it) but then again its only a dollar or free which ever way you are looking at it.

Back