BMW's Augmented Reality Glasses

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
thats really interesting, to say the least. it could be possible, just a combo of virtual reality, reality, and projection. i mean im sure youd have to program every model of BMW or whatever car your working on into the glasses, but it may be possible. but i do have my doubts about the glasses being able to diagnose the problem

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
Well I believe its already programed to the device and not the car itself, also if this was something that was sold to the public or private shops or wherever, it would reduce/minimize any errors during repairs. I personally thought this was very innovative and brilliant, a step by step process; if it could goes as far as even doing swaps, assisting in doing difficult repair that require back and forth read of manual, but instead visual and audibly I buy that asap. So I don't see why you guys don't find it interesting but than again to each ones own I guess.

Ofnir107

Reaction score
Lol, imagine a whole shop of mechanics talking to themselves with the glasses. That's a pretty sweet concept though. I like the idea of the glasses minimizing errors.

eggs

Reaction score
thats crazy i would love to have a pair of glasses like that.. with that even i could work on my car.. im with you i would buy those in a heartbeat

dadams

Reaction score
:thumbsup: it is a very good concept and i hope it comes through. i would buy them. and it would also reduce time and increase efficiency in shops. but you kno for every innovation that makes a job more idiot proof, along comes a better idiot.

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
I would definitely buy a pair of these, then i could do all my own work and save a **** load of money, obviously. But that's just the thing, it could/would put mechanics out of business if everyone could do their own work. Then there is the argument of not every car owner is willing to get there hands dirty. But, since the mechanics would take less time to do a job, then they wouldn't make as much money since its almost all the labor cost that they get paid (I think). Brilliant idea nonetheless.

Back