Bodywork/fiberglass

SpEeD LuNaTiKz

Reaction score
Hey guys whats up I was gonna as if anyone here has done like fiberglass molding or any type of body work like that and where would I find all the material cause I'm planning on doing some body work on the grill since I have a four door grill but I want to clean it up since it isnt fit perfect and I would like to be able to show it. I figure I will need to get the mix for the resin and then fiberglass sheets and then bondow after all that to smooth it out before i take it to the paint shop. If any one can drop some knowledge or pictures on me that would be great
Thanks

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I don't have any pics of my own work, the only thing i've done on my car is tweeter mounts. Anyway, i've found bondo brand fiberglass works fine. If you want higher quality, any autobody supply store should have exactly what you need. I would defineatly practice first if you have never done it. It's not the easiest thing, you probably will mess up once or twice.

I'd also caution using fiberglass on a urantane bumper (it sounds like you have an oem bumper). You don't have alot of other options but it can easily crack as the bumper will flex but the fiberglass will not.

SpEeD LuNaTiKz

Reaction score
Thanks yea actually one of my friends has done quit a bit of fiber glass so he can possibly help. Yea that could be a problem with the flex and fiber glass not hum. Thanks for the info

dynasty

Reaction score
i also used bondo-fiberglass. you can buy it at any automotive place like Autozone or Walmart. but here are some pictures of how mine came out.

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0014.jpg

DSCF0031.jpg

DSCF0033.jpg

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
lotso f sanding.. get at least 4 different grids, and wet sand it after every layer of paint

SpEeD LuNaTiKz

Reaction score
Yea i dont have to worry bout the paint im taking that to the body shop just doing the fiberglass and bondo prep. cause im getting my lips and the bumpers repainted and i want it done nice so I will spend the green on that and do the body work myself cause i know some peeps who know how to do it

dynasty

Reaction score
you don't have to wetsand since the bodyshop is going to prep everything for paint. i hope they will strip the whole paint and repaint everything. but yeah, i had a cable porter so sanding was easy for me.

SpEeD LuNaTiKz

Reaction score
Yea thanks for all the info yea I'm taking it to a very reptuable place that fix my car after some dumb *** crashed into me there really good

Back