Boomslang Harness type??

accord boi

Reaction score
Hey guys

The shop is having trouble getting an AEM FIC wired up. I was going to contact boomslang for something custom, but before I do that, why does the accord V6 have a harness available for the emanage but not the i4 (I thought both were OBD2B plugs)??

So since our specific application is not listed, are the pinouts on the i4 ECU exactly the same as any other OBD2B ECU (I have an auto, but I think that's the last group of plugs)?

Thanks in advance!

AFAccord

Reaction score
Hey guys

The shop is having trouble getting an AEM FIC wired up. I was going to contact boomslang for something custom, but before I do that, why does the accord V6 have a harness available for the emanage but not the i4 (I thought both were OBD2B plugs)??

Boomslang does have an e-manage harness for the 4cyl. I have a brand new one sitting in my garage.

AFAccord

Reaction score
They don't list them by car. 6th gen accord's are OBD2B. You just have to select manual or automatic transmission.

AFAccord

Reaction score
IMG_0474.jpg

IMG_0472.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

HomerJay

Reaction score
Does e-Manage Ultimate work with 6th gen Accords? I don't see our car listed on the GReddy website. Is it a recommended product? Ultimately I want to add turbo. I was thinking it would be a good idea to start tuning beforehand so that the base curve is set before adding turbo.

Is the e-Manage a reliable way to avoid OBDII-OBDI conversion and add turbo? Thanks!...:beer:

AFAccord

Reaction score
I'm almost 100% certain e-manage ultimate works with our cars. Finding a reputable tuner that will do a good job using e-manage will be the hard part.

IMO, nothing is as reliable as going OBD1. Just having an OBD2 brain still operating the car, then messing with the sensor input/outputs isn't what I call reliable.

Back