boosted civics

minituck04

Reaction score
everyone always talks bout how boosted cars can be daily drivers. how reliable are they if you drive alot for work all over the city and such. and would a turbo have to be replaced after said amount of time. prons and cons of this setup. im also assuming that less boost would make it more reliable. dont know much if any about f/i setups just wondering since alot of ek hatches i see seem to be boosted and daily driven :driving:

indowanksta88

Reaction score
i think a lot of cars on the road can have forced induction and still be a daily driver, only con is that u will run into a lot of little problems which will suck out money from ur wallet to either get it fixed or replaced, i mean, no one who boosts their car drives normally, they tend to abuse teh **** out of their cars at times, but from seeing my friends' cars that are all boosted/turbo'd and them using it as DD's, they seem to be running into a lot of little problems every other month...gets kinda annoying at times, but for some, it is all still worth it.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
with proper tuning, any boosted car can be a DD, including the accord.... just comes down to tuning... only con will be lower mpg

jackhunt321

Reaction score
I got 2 DD's turbo, 1 turbo accord, 1 turbo civic
never any problems

iStealBunnieSz

Reaction score
My setup has been realible to my friend for 2 yrs and 40k miles with NO problems 250+ whp so if u need go look in the boosted + auto tranny thread.

angelplus

Reaction score
yup.. regardless of any boosted car. people still romp on them like no other. just look at what i did with the supra... lets just say i used 33 gallons of gas in less then a day just racing around for fun.

its not the turbos that destroy the car, its the people who drive them.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I had a friend who had a ek civic coupe with a greddy kit. I'm in CA so carb legal is a plus. I have to say it was very reliable. But, it pretty much made it into a low 15 sec car. So unimpressive.

If you want great reliability, get a reliable factory turbo car. Then you get something that has the benifits of boost with an engine made for it (no build), and you don't have to go through any long downtime working the kinks out, very common for the first timers.

I would even say that my talon was decently reliable compared to most turbo cars i've been around. It wasn't exactly honda reliable but most things were just sensor issues, etc. And they arn't known for reliability.

I think a much better bet would be a first gen dsm. Stock, they should be as reliable, imo, as a turbo civic. It will be cheap, should be awd if you make the right decision, and easily modable to 12's without getting to the point where it's a weekend only car.

BUT, why not have your accord as a DD. That's pretty much the reason i bought mine. It's really something you can make stylish and drive everyday. I bought my accord purely so in the future i'd have a good A to B and be able to build up whatever i choose.

Back