bought wrong thule rack, installed it anyway

Mike's_Taffeta

Reaction score
So I thought I found an awesome deal on a thule rack on craigslist with snowboard attatchments. When I picked it up I was in a rush since I had to be in manhatten beach within 2 hours and I live in victorville (96 mile trip) so I picked up gave it a quick look over and left. I knew it didn't come with brackets for my car so I would have to buy some.

Anyway, the next day I looked at the rack and compared it to the website and realized I bought the wrong sh!t. I figured I might as well try it. Since I spent the money. Made some custom brackets and installed it. Brackets took me about 45 mins to make.

Onto the pics:
SunMar14085007AmericaLos_Angeles201.jpg

SunMar14084938AmericaLos_Angeles201.jpg

SunMar14084930AmericaLos_Angeles201.jpg

SunMar14084922AmericaLos_Angeles201.jpg

Should I keep it and get a fairing for it, or sell it and buy the right one. Its on there good, drove 100mph and it didn't move.

Raymond

Reaction score
Are you going to use it for anything, or did you just buy it for the 'look'?

Mike's_Taffeta

Reaction score
Use it for snowboarding now, maybe bikes in the summer. Yea I thought it looked a little bent too. Ill rock it till I sell it I guess. Money wasted :(

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
good move. i couldnt notice that from the pics haha. all i saw was metal brackets and tower bases what looked to be straight on the paint haha.

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
good move. i couldnt notice that from the pics haha. all i saw was metal brackets and tower bases what looked to be straight on the paint haha.

that was my first impression as well...but I say sell it for a little more and then buy the right one later.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
why dont u just get new qtowers and the right fit kit for the accord? then it wont be money wasted

Back