Brake light comes on intermittently?

Drift

Reaction score
There is a service bulletin about this issue. Its SB03-78. Ill take some screenshots when I get home. The screen on my netbook is too small for it to be useful in this case.

Or if anyone knows a place or way for me to host a PDF file, that would work too.

SYMPTOM
The brake system indicator comes on after a cold start,
then goes off after a few minutes of driving.
PROBABLE CAUSE
The master cylinder reservoir filter is not allowing the
cap to vent properly, causing the fluid level in the filter
to change.
CORRECTIVE ACTION
Replace the master cylinder reservoir filter.

Namboyz

Reaction score
where is this cap located??

thanks drift for all the input!! always beast'n on the forum to help us all...

Drift

Reaction score
where is this cap located??

thanks drift for all the input!! always beast'n on the forum to help us all...

The brake master cylinder is on the top right on the engine bay if you are standing in front of the car with the hood open. Its pretty much directly in front of the driver. If you have a 5spd, there is a much smaller reservoir next to it for the clutch, that NOT what you're looking for. The brake fluid reservoir is the bigger of the two and has 2 wires coming out of the cap.

Ralphie

Reaction score
The brake master cylinder is on the top right on the engine bay if you are standing in front of the car with the hood open. Its pretty much directly in front of the driver. If you have a 5spd, there is a much smaller reservoir next to it for the clutch, that NOT what you're looking for. The brake fluid reservoir is the bigger of the two and has 2 wires coming out of the cap.

honda-accord-aem-cold-air-intake-98-02-2.jpg

Under the yellow arrow.

Thanks again Drift for the help!

hackmiester

Reaction score
No one has mentioned this yet - it might also be the switch that detects whether the e-brake is pulled... mine is quite sensitive and sometimes triggers the light if my e-brake handle is bumped.

sodaks2k

Reaction score
My "brake" light is coming on intermittently also. It comes on when I take corners hard. I checked my fluid and it's still above the "low level", although not a lot above. I replaced all pads and rotors about 1 1/2 years ago but I wll check the pads anyway. It seems as though my fluid level has dropped some. This thread gives me a few options, which is good in case one of the solutions doesn't work. :omgbd:

Back