BRAKE light indicator stays on?????why???

elyjohn

Reaction score
Mine stays on for atleast 1 1/2 mile during the winter. It turns off exactly when i reach the same spot consistently.

wesmac

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys!, going to check out the brake fluid, it takes about 2 miles for me too, then it goes off. However, it came on while about 2 hours into a drive on the interstate......dont know what that means, but great advise!~

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
I currently have a similar problem.. except my red "brake" light came on right after I changed front pads and bled the brakes. It was weird. Could it be that 2 types of fluid got mixed and this results in triggering the light? They probably are not mixed, but what if DOT3 mixes with DOT4? I heard it's not too big of a problem, but usually they are not mixed. Could it be that my rear shoes are sticking? I have not changed those yet...

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I currently have a similar problem.. except my red "brake" light came on right after I changed front pads and bled the brakes. It was weird. Could it be that 2 types of fluid got mixed and this results in triggering the light? They probably are not mixed, but what if DOT3 mixes with DOT4? I heard it's not too big of a problem, but usually they are not mixed. Could it be that my rear shoes are sticking? I have not changed those yet...

if ur rear shoes were sticking ur brakes would be overheating. Pluss u wud feel a drag. Mixing two different fluids shouldnt trigger a brake light. U shud check ur sensor if its getting sticky or your fluid is too low. Ur sensor on your master cylinder is on the shaft of the dip-stick. One time mine my light lit up and i moved the senser up and down and it turned off. Also mine came on because my brake fluid was too low from my pads wearing down too much before i changed them. U shud try bleeding your brakes more, then make sure the fluid level is okay. I bet if u checked ur fluid now it would be low, maybe because there is still air in the lines. Hope this helps....

2000_V6coupe

Reaction score
Check your brake fluid. It is probably a little low causing the indicator light to turn on until the fluid has heated up and risen. Top it off and you should be good to go.

Back