Brake options?

metrick1235

Reaction score
ok so i have a 190 budget for brakes... Im lookin for something a little bit better than stock.. i would like either drilled or/and slotted brakes. I need rotors all around and pads. v6. any help would be great... not lookin for those ebay brakes... I saw These on Summit racing Front Rear

Last edited:

ActNow

Reaction score
Really drilled and slotted rotors are greatly useful for racing but if your only going for the look its not worth the extra dough.

metrick1235

Reaction score
Really drilled and slotted rotors are greatly useful for racing but if your only going for the look its not worth the extra dough.

I drive really curvy roads in the mountains every day, would they not help because of that and longer life of the brakes....

ActNow

Reaction score
Constant braking in the mountains.... seems like your brakes would get used often in that case. Drilled rotors are used to keep air flowing through them during hard braking not really to extend life only to keep rotors from warping from extreme heat. IMO still not worth it.

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
Since your on a budget I believe TAS has $170 front/rear with pads package that might help plus it suppose to be like OEM

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
i have thermo quiet pads for rears, ba pads i just ordered wrong stuff, pm me if interested

001Stunna

Reaction score
i have thermo quiet pads for rears, ba pads i just ordered wrong stuff, pm me if interested

+1 on wagner thermoquiet, using them for pads/rotors and shoes/drums for about 3 years now and all has been perfect. Stopping wise, i'd say they're better then w.e the car had on when i got it.

jwong512

Reaction score
Since your already V6, your front rotors are already bigger than the 4 cylinder ones so you have more stopping power to begin with. If you want even more stopping power, you would have to go with a Legend GS Dual Piston upgrade but that would be out of your budget range including pads. I wouldn't get cross-drilled/slotted rotors unless your planning on tracking your car because for daily driving it isn't worth it. Plus, those things eat through your brake pads quicker than blank rotors. Ideally, I would just get quality brake pads such as the Wagner Thermoquiet's, Hawk HPS, or Hawk Ceramic Pads along with Brembo OEM Blanks. I have compared the Brembo blanks to OEM and they are of a much better design even though they're supposed to meet or exceed OEM specs.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Brake component review thread, czech it.

Unless you track the car, you don't need slotted/drilled rotors. I have slotted just for looks but it is a little bit more money, so consider that. You'll profit more from getting a good set of pads.

Back