Brake Pedal Hissing?

irtiza18

Reaction score
I have a YouTube link to make this better understandable, basically, my 00 v6. When I depress the brake pedal to a certain position and hold it there, it sounds like hissing, I think that the brake booster is going out maybe. Would it be a costly fix?

YouTube Link: https://youtu.be/mMIZmu33DQQ

phi1542

Reaction score
I have the same issue on my 99 v6. It sounds like air is getting released somewhere and I get scared my brakes will fail or something. Doesnt seem normal so I'm in on the resolution if anyone has it haha

irtiza18

Reaction score
I have the same issue on my 99 v6. It sounds like air is getting released somewhere and I get scared my brakes will fail or something. Doesnt seem normal so I'm in on the resolution if anyone has it haha

Yea same here, i hope maybe its something not too serious, hey have you ever hold up the two front window switches and the engine makes a different noise for a few secs? then you let it go, and the tachometer jumps back to its normal position from going down. and if you hold it for too long you might short the switches, just try it for a few secs like 3 seconds.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
The motor pulls more power when it's stuck, like when the reg is all the way down.

With both stuck, follow the power supply until it meets where that and the cluster join. There you will probly find muck.

Hissing brakes:
Does it do it with the engine off? So have someone hold it down while you listen around the booster (with the engine on, under the hood) and the pdal shaft (under dash, tight fit with their feet :p ). Hear anything?

phi1542

Reaction score
Yea same here, i hope maybe its something not too serious, hey have you ever hold up the two front window switches and the engine makes a different noise for a few secs? then you let it go, and the tachometer jumps back to its normal position from going down. and if you hold it for too long you might short the switches, just try it for a few secs like 3 seconds.

I have no idea what youre talking about lol so I dont think so

The motor pulls more power when it's stuck, like when the reg is all the way down.

With both stuck, follow the power supply until it meets where that and the cluster join. There you will probly find muck.

Hissing brakes:
Does it do it with the engine off? So have someone hold it down while you listen around the booster (with the engine on, under the hood) and the pdal shaft (under dash, tight fit with their feet :p ). Hear anything?

I dont notice it when the engine is on but if I ever press the brakes when the engine is off I will hear it

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Does it constantly hiss while the pedal is held steady?

Or only while pressing?

irtiza18

Reaction score

Hissing brakes:

Mine does it with ENGINE ON, and when its put into drive, you have to have to depress the pedal at a certain position in order to get the hissing sound

irtiza18

Reaction score

Hissing brakes:

Can you better explain on the muck and following the system you're talking about? Im a bit confused sorry lol

Back