Brake Rotors

nhsrunner

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was thinking about getting some new pads and brake rotors for my accord. Anyways, I was looking online and found some power slot rotors which cost something like $85 bucks per front rotor and $65 for each rear rotor. I then searched a little more and found a set of rotors (2 front and 2 rear) for $105, though it has like $45 shipping charge. Either way, it would be a ton cheaper but I was wondering if anyone had heard of that brand, R1 concepts, and whether or not they're any good. The link to the website is here: http://www.r1concepts.com/Items/Combo Rotors109?sck=2222681
Thanks for the help guys.

whitey2kaccord

Reaction score
Never heard of R1 concepts. I've heard power slots are decent, and rear brakes aren't as important as front, so maybe you could just buy the front rotors and pads, and then buy the rears when it is financially convenient. :D

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
i'd upgrade the rear pads but if you already have disc rotors in the back leave the stock rotors, almost all your braking power is from the front brakes anyways.

i have powerslot rotors and love them. some think they are noisy, those people are girls lol. i don't care about the occasional brake noise if i have a huge improvement in stopping power.

nhsrunner

Reaction score
Alright, thanks guys sounds like I should just get the power slots up front then

nhsrunner

Reaction score
Then again it would be cheaper to get those 4 R1 concepts. Dang if only money wasn't an issue lol.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
I just put on Rotora front slotted rotors with Rotora/Axxis ULT pads. Great combo so far, improved stopping and 0 noise

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
the powerslots come coated from the warehouse so they don't rust in storage, and while that coating is burning off during break-in they can make noise.

also, they will make the occasional noise in reverse and I've always attributed that to their directional design

nhsrunner

Reaction score
Ok, thanks for all the info, looks like I have a bit more research to do before I get some. Oh well, wasn't planning on putting them in until either thanksgiving or christmas break so I do have some time. Thanks again

Back