Brake upgrade suggestions

Alpha_Onion

Reaction score
Do you have an I4 or V6 model? Rear disc or no?

I have an I4 sedan with rear disc, and I did the Legend GS caliper upgrade with Prelude VTEC rotors, SS lines and brand new OEM calipers, pads and rotors on the rear.

The car stops at least twice as well as before, and the pedal is less squishy and more responsive, and the whole kit cost me less than $500 brand new/remanufactured. It almost brakes like the brand new Mercedes I drive at work lol.

I'd highly recommend that if you're on a budget.

lashlee

Reaction score
Or buy my Mini BBK that is listed in the classifieds! Legend dual piston calipers, with TL 28mm rotors that are 11.8" in diameter.

rooky

Reaction score
Do you have an I4 or V6 model? Rear disc or no?

I have an I4 sedan with rear disc, and I did the Legend GS caliper upgrade with Prelude VTEC rotors, SS lines and brand new OEM calipers, pads and rotors on the rear.

The car stops at least twice as well as before, and the pedal is less squishy and more responsive, and the whole kit cost me less than $500 brand new/remanufactured. It almost brakes like the brand new Mercedes I drive at work lol.

I'd highly recommend that if you're on a budget.

Mines four cylinder but I was trying to get brand new oem acura legend caliper but they discontinued their remanufacturing. But do you still have the part number for any of them?

hchanrn

Reaction score
Here is my parts list for my recent Legend GS brake upgrade. 4 lug setup. Slotted drilled rotors, carbon metalic pads. Firm brake feel. The pads do need to heat up a bit to get a good bite. Once they are hot they have pretty good grab to them. Love the performance friction brand of pads..they come in a foam padded box. (really....who ships their brake pads in a padded box.) Everything from Amazon.com shipped free.

Performance Friction 0503.20 Carbon Metallic Brake Pads $51.38

Stoptech 950.40005 Hydraulic Brake Line $51.00

ACDelco 18A1535 Specialty Performance Front Passenger Side Disc Brake Rotor Assembly $39.90

ACDelco 18A1534 Specialty Performance Front Driver Side Disc Brake Rotor Assembly $60.39

Raybestos RC10628 Professional Grade Remanufactured, Loaded Disc Brake Caliper $55.72

Raybestos RC10627 Professional Grade Remanufactured, Loaded Disc Brake Caliper $56.16

Cardone 14-1417 Brake Caliper Bracket (t-23) ($25.31x2) $50.62

Total 365.17

hchanrn

Reaction score
Amazon.com is weird. The have difference prices for each side on certain parts. Was still cheaper than my local Oreily store.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
I would avoid drilled/slotted. They reduce friction area (pad contact). They were originally for old style pads gassing out, so the gasses had somewhere to escape.

New style pads use a different compound, so they don't release gas. Like organic vs. metallic vs. ceramic.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Maybe I missed it, but has anyone found an alternative product that is the same as the Smalser Performance rear caliper bracket for the Honda Pilot rear rotor upgrade?

Back