Brakes need changed, suggestions appreciated.

du3ce

Reaction score
ive changed my brake pads out myself wasnt too hard, u just need some air tools to loosen a couple bolts

Akodo

Reaction score
no need for air tools. Ive done a bunch of brake jobs and the only thing i needed was some regular tools and OEM parts.

parts come easy these days so yah no big deal. Just remember to pop your hood and open up the yellow cap on your brake cylinder to relieve pressure when trying to make the piston on the caliper go back in.

If you are looking to do a better job i think http://hondapartsnow.com

Offers brake grease to reduce stress on your calipers and rotors

Alex_P

Reaction score
hey, guys!!! i realy need a suggestion. My first car its Accord 99 coupe. I've been at service station... so my brakes have to be changed. So, do you have any opinions about premium class brake rotors and pads or the whole brake kits? first the most thing for me-safety. I need your advice

arise257

Reaction score
Brembo slotted rotors are highly recommended. If you're feeling adventurous and have more money you could swap to their big-brake kit, though I think that's a bit much for our cars. I have the same year and body type as you. Unless you're a speed demon, standard, stock-like rotors will be fine.

arise257

Reaction score
I'm installing the cross-drilled brake set from TAS auto this weekend. I'll throw a review up so everyone can know if that's a good package.

jbisselwhiteac6

Reaction score
I probally need to get some drill slotted rotors cause I burn through rotor like toilet paper I will definitely look forward to your review

Alex_P

Reaction score
arise257 firstly i think about my safety and safety of other drivers and definitely pedestrians. I was checking brembo kits - too much money. Its a high perfomance. I just need a premium class. Guys from service suggested CENTRIC and i found many good replies about EBS. Anyone had a deal with those? or have any info?

ejreams

Reaction score
BUMP

So, I havn't done anything with this yet because I moved to St Louis recently and I'm living downtown in a loft. So I can't really do car stuff anywhere.

I was wondering, If I want a set up other than OEM or even if i get OEM, but I don't want to install it myself who should I take parts too to have it installed?
Any recommendations for ST louis specifically would be nice but if anyone recommends a generic company that works as well.

Along with that I was wondering if anyone knew of a decent Honda Dealer for service around here, it seems like all the ones near me are rated pretty low as far as their commitment to doing things right and customer service.

Thanks.

Back