Breather Filters?

jonny

Reaction score
I've been seeing pictures of members cars on here with Breather filters, I'm not really sure what they do or if they do anything beneficial at all for our cars. Are they mainly just for show or do they have a practical purpose?

airaid-breather-filters.jpg

619rcr

Reaction score
Actually they're bad for the environment..

LOL, you tell em captain planet.

But seriously. Breather filters are just for show. They eliminate the proper function of the PCV. The first emission control device ever put into effect around 1965? I forget the exact yr. But anyways. The most it will do is keep your intake tract cleaner, by not sucking any sludge from your valve cover.

jonny

Reaction score
Actually they're bad for the environment.. And if anything serve as a disadvantage.

LOL, you tell em captain planet.

But seriously. Breather filters are just for show. They eliminate the proper function of the PCV. The first emission control device ever put into effect around 1965? I forget the exact yr. But anyways. The most it will do is keep your intake tract cleaner, by not sucking any sludge from your valve cover.

Thanks for the info guys, defenitley not going to waste money on one of these now lol :lawl:

Back