Brighter Brake Bulbs

BriTess

Reaction score
I have had tinted tail lights for a year and while the light output is good, I'm still worried about people not noticing when I brake and then rear ending me. So my question is are there any brighter bulbs I could put in or has anyone been in this situation?

truWarier02

Reaction score
Come to think of it, I'm also interested to know. I have stock tails but I feel that it ain't bright enough.. especially in bright daylight.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
There is only a certain current that flows through your electrical system, so a filament bulb can only use so much of it. You can put a higher rating filament bulb in, but it will either not work or blow after not too long.

I would recommend getting a good set of LED bulbs, and by "good" I mean $50 or more for a pair from here: V-LEDS.com. As far as I know, the only way to get brighter lighting is to go LED, or rewire your lights. Anyway, I've outfitted all my exterior lighting with their products and they give good output and are quality made.

btw if these are going in your tails, make sure you get red, not white.

blackcord

Reaction score
There is only a certain current that flows through your electrical system, so a filament bulb can only use so much of it. You can put a higher rating filament bulb in, but it will either not work or blow after not too long.

I would recommend getting a good set of LED bulbs, and by "good" I mean $50 or more for a pair from here: V-LEDS.com. As far as I know, the only way to get brighter lighting is to go LED, or rewire your lights. Anyway, I've outfitted all my exterior lighting with their products and they give good output and are quality made.

btw if these are going in your tails, make sure you get red, not white.

Not only that. You will probably need to put a resistor there so that your car does not think your brake bulb is burnt out.

kn0x47

Reaction score
50 bucks for bulbs??? dang. i need to stop being so lazy and finally get my led tail lights done.

but yeah, there isnt really a way to make them brighter without switching to LEDs. some led bulbs have horrible dispersion tho

Back