Broke a stud, how hard to replace?

pyaarawala

Reaction score
Why does one say saga and one doesn't? That saga one is cheaper. I might just go to the dealership because just for those 2 it comes out to $18 and change mostly due to the price for just shipping and handling.

qwerty101

Reaction score
mine just stripped and now im wtih 3 lugs on the drivers front wheel. is is super unsafe to drive for about a few weeks?

BPAccord

*DAIGAKUSOTSU*
Reaction score
mine just stripped and now im wtih 3 lugs on the drivers front wheel. is is super unsafe to drive for about a few weeks?

dude...jack the car up....take off the wheels to expose ur hub.....turn ur steering wheel so that u can get behind the hub....use a rubber mallet to hammer the new stud in.....its not that hard......

BPAccord

*DAIGAKUSOTSU*
Reaction score
attachment.php

Remove Brake Caliper and rotors

attachment.php

Now u should be able to get access to behind the wheel hub.....if u havent gotten the old stripped stud out...now u can do so....insert the new one...and u can use a rubber mallet to handle it in....remember if u having trouble gettin behind the hub....u can turn ur steering wheel to turn the hub outwards so u can get behind it.....

ive done this on mah 240..but the rear hubs dont turn so u can imagine how hard that was....hope this helps

pyaarawala

Reaction score
I have to do the same thing, on my passenger side though. Looks too complicated lol. Wish there was a video.

qwerty101

Reaction score
sears quoted 50 for everything. but my dad is gonna take it to his mechanic to see wasup and what price he'l give us.

indowanksta88

Reaction score
damn guys bad news, i went to go raise my car up, and my lug nut stud broke off too, on teh front left driver side. if it is 50 bucks, i am just goin to sears and get it done. i need to find a replacement lug nut in the mean time.

Back