Broken door handle?

kamozee

Reaction score
So I cannot open my driver side door from the outside! Only the inside. Just happened right now. Any help please?!

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Gonna have to take the inner panel off to see the mechanism, guaranteed something broke or fell off. Worst case, get a new outer door handle.

lashlee

Reaction score
I've had to replace my rear passenger handle. The entire unit is plastic and over time a stress crack develops and eventually opens up so that you it can't exert enough force. Strangely enough the dealership was the cheapest, even against ebay, and was ordered in the OEM color. It's not overly difficult to remove and replace it.

001Stunna

Reaction score
So I cannot open my driver side door from the outside! Only the inside. Just happened right now. Any help please?!

You're lucky you can open it from inside and didnt need to rip the panel off with the door closed.

Just take the panel off, and operate the door handle noting down where it disconnects/doesn't relay movement the the door lock tongue.

Mr.Hollow

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm having a similar issue. The rear driver side door handle is useless... and I accidentally engaged the child door lock (only open from outside) so now I can't open the door at all.

Can I remove the panel with the door closed?? Thanks

lashlee

Reaction score
Though I'm not sure but I think you have to have to door open. If anything I think the door panel only overlaps the door seals, and you should be able to pull it loose.

Jimsun

Reaction score
Yikes. Worst case youll have to rip a whole through the interior to have access to the mechanism and replace it

kamozee

Reaction score
I had to get a new outer door handle. Not bad at $75 with the dealer already painted…

Back