build and boost

Status
Not open for further replies.

blkaccord20

Reaction score
word. thankz 4 the advice homie. i appreciate it. i want to boost. thatz the way i want to go. just dont know wat type of setup to run and wat type of upgrades to do to my motor.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
BlkCurrantKord said:
Start saving now, and get a good paying job.

that's very true. it isn't going to be cheap. like i said, you have to do a lot of research. i know i've been reading for about 6-9 months and i'm still not too sure of myself. a popular kit is the FMAX/Turbonetics kit. try www.turbo-kits.com. it isn't CARB legal but who gives three ****s when you REALLY get into cars. unless you live in a smog control city, then you're going to have a REAL problem putting anything in your car. anyways, Turbonetics runs a good $4000. then you have to get it installed which can run anywhere from $300-$1000...i think. (majority of what i am saying will be corrected by someone else here if it's wrong). OR you could get someone who knows how to do it, to install it. there might be some slight fabrication needed to fit the intercooler. another route is to build your own turbo kit, but you need to know EXACTLY what a turbocharger does, and what pieces are required. THEN you can go on ebay and have the entire kit made from around $800-$1200 +/-.

the first thing you should do, i suggest, go on ebay or go to a muffler shop and get yourself a nice brand name cat back exhaust. make sure it is 2.25 at the least, 2.50-3 inches in diamete is ideal for turbo. if you go to a muffler shop i think a straight pipe with a muffler is better, the downside? you'll be LOUD. unless the muffler shop does a REAL good job. custom exhaust runs around $200-$300 w/ the muffler. a catback on ebay from A'PEXi runs around $500, and one from Megan is about $200, one from Invidia is about $500 also, but those are pretty loud.

then you're going to want to work on your internals, probably before you install the turbo. a port & polish, plus a bore job is nice. maybe a bigger throttle body.

before you even put the turbocharger on, you're already going to spend a good chunk of change in the thousands area to make it work REAL good.

then again, i think Sketch has a turbo on his car and i'm not sure if how much he spent!

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you wanna start early - I know of a shop near Columbus, Ohio who's selling an F23 block w/ sleeves and 8.5:1 pistons in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back