Bulb Questions

VInhDicate

Reaction score
So im trying to buy these.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-0...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

and right now i have h7 bulb with an HID kit, so it uses a ballast.
I had ask the buyer what type of bulb it uses and if HID would disfigure the projectors. he replied.

"Hello ,
our projectors uses H1 style bulbs. Althought some h1 HID kits do fit our housing , we strongly do not recommend them because of the higher temperatures they produce."

My question is, Is H1 normal bulbs brighter then H1 HID bulbs? i mean, i dont mind getting rid of the ballast, but i want the same illumination.
What would be my best bet to get as in bulb wise that wouldnt ruin the projectors, and be as bright as ever? Also has the same HID feel. thank guys.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Honestly, there is no information about his included bulbs because they aren't quality made. I wouldn't bother using em. And HID is brighter due to the fact that it uses ballasts to ignite the contained gas, which is what allows HID lighting to have 3 times the lumens of halogen.

If HID lighting is going to harm the projectors as he says, chances are these headlights are not made all that well. Yes HID produces more heat, but a good set of housings should be able to withstand that. If you're set on getting them, I'd go halogen & pick up a set of Philips Crystal Vision (4300k). Imo the best non HID bulbs you can buy, I had a pair (9006) and loved them.

Don't want to rain on your parade, but I would consider a set of TYC's over these if you want projectors and but not ready for retro.

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, those projectors are garbage. if you dont want to do a retro, or pay for one, then like said above, get the tyc headlights at least.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Ebay projectors.....I remember those days.

I'm sure you can find a set of TYC's or a retro set up for sale, save up and shop around. If there is nothing wrong with your stock headlights, then you should save your money and upgrade later.

Back