Burning way too much oil i have no idea what to do!

xci.ed6

Reaction score
it will still pass, it will bolt in

how hard is it? for me-easy, for some-impossible.

Turbo5upra

Reaction score
If I were you I would drop by the JDM shops locally to you and pick up a good healthy f23a. They are usually pretty low mileage. Quite a few people here have gone this route without many complaints. I know for me (in canada) the motor was around $350-400 delivered to my house. Then I swapped it out over a weekend.

More later but I wouldn't put a used engine in again- considering cost to rebuild...

twofast4u

Reaction score
When you get the engine, swap the exhaust manifold, intake manifold, PS pump over. Then just drop it in your bay. You also probably should do the timing belt and water pump too while its out aswell.

Gmoney

Reaction score
I was in your same boat not too long ago, I picked up an f23a1 for 300 it was mint, my local tech charged me 500 labor and I changed all the belts and whatnot it was a sub 1000 repair but on the plus side if you picked the engine well it will last you a while longer cause those engines range 50-65,000 miles. when you purchase the engine ask them to do a compression test if they are nice they would do it for free

Back