Buying new suspension Thursday

hondatech03

Reaction score
I'm building the car for scca solo racing on the weekends, so I will need a good set up. I have looked a few but I'm not sure what to get. Need some help.

What I have looked at.

1. S-tech/whites
2. S-tech/yellows
3. HR race/yellows
4. CG/yellows
5. Coilovers (tanabe,bc,f&f,or,k-sport)

CG2

Reaction score
I was looking into the Tanabe Pro coilovers, they cost $750, but come anodized and look high quality... I have read review where owners were very happy with them. Tanabe has a respectable track record too in terms of racing coilovers. I know the base spring rates are 8kgf/4kgr which is a conservative setup... something like 8kgf/6kgr would induce a more balanced setup.

Have you thought about what kind of sway bars you'll be running? I saw an adjustable 22-23-24mm rear sway bar that would definitely help dial in more turn in.

What tire size/wheels are you on right now? I'm running 205/55/16 with intentions to go to 215/55/16... rubber choice would be BFG Comp 2 ... $106 a tire at tirerack.

There are also braces you can run from ultra racing to stiffen the chassis.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
I would go with gc / koni setup.bc Its the only race proven one and its better than all the cheaper entry level coilovers. If i had to do it all over I would ditch my function form coilovers for a stiffer, better quality setup.

Go on to your local SCCA chapter website and see what suspension setups they are running

Last edited:

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
I was looking into the Tanabe Pro coilovers, they cost $750, but come anodized and look high quality... I have read review where owners were very happy with them. Tanabe has a respectable track record too in terms of racing coilovers. I know the base spring rates are 8kgf/4kgr which is a conservative setup... something like 8kgf/6kgr would induce a more balanced setup.
8/4 is realllllly soft. Even F&F's come 12/6 and most people say those are soft :lawl:

Have you thought about what kind of sway bars you'll be running? I saw an adjustable 22-23-24mm rear sway bar that would definitely help dial in more turn in.

Eibach 23mm or Progress 24mm is the only way to go. With those big moog endlinks of course.

CG2

Reaction score
Last edited:
Back