Bypass safety feature

tnguyen600

Reaction score
So my buddies got me a Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD for my bday and im gonna install it in like two hours, after i cut the grass lol

I want to know how i can bypass the safety feature which would then let me watch DVDs while the car is running. I heard from some that a kill switch is needed? but then theres another way to do it where i don't actually need a switch.

any help is welcomed =) thanks

nexTOme

Reaction score
ok.....

you put everything back in the box.....the box has this tiny device which unlocks your unit to bypass the safety feature when opened proper sequence.....the procedure is pretty complicated, and i will not discuss that over internet because of legal issue......

this is what you will do.....just pack it nicely.....go to ups, ask them to ship it to the address which im about to pm you.....now, dont freak out.....ups has agreed with pioneer usa to provide paper that explains bypass procedure when pioneer;s product is shipped to certain address.....

ups will send your unit back to your house along with paper that explains how to bypass safety feature....once you receive them, just follow what the paper tells you to do.....there.....thats it........GL :D

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
It's amazing I found that site earlier this morning as well.... only took 10 seconds of searching on GOOGLE!!!!!!

01JDMACCORD

Reaction score
So my buddies got me a Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD for my bday and im gonna install it in like two hours, after i cut the grass lol

I want to know how i can bypass the safety feature which would then let me watch DVDs while the car is running. I heard from some that a kill switch is needed? but then theres another way to do it where i don't actually need a switch.

any help is welcomed =) thanks

OK....... well it just to happens that i have a similiar unit and all you need to do is take the wire that might says "brake safety" or has to do with connecting the wire to your e-brake and just connect to the ground that is connected to the unit. and voilaaaaaa no more :bash: or :Starwars: or:eekwtf: and you can now do :coffee: while your driving ok?:)

deucescorner

Reaction score
I have the same HU, the old "ground the e-brake wire" didn't work for me. I had to get a switch and connect one side of the e-brake wire and the ground the other coming from the switch.

On a side note it's a great HU for the price. On the down side, it only has 2 RCA's so Front and Rears or subs, but can all be fixed by getting some y splitters.

Back